What Grinds My Gears.

I dropped out of school half way through year 11. Not because I couldn't be f@$ked with school. It's because I got a head injury from football and missed out on alot of schoolwork and couldn't catch up. So now I'm workin full time and I've applied for an apprenticeship as a Vehicle Mechanic through the defence force. If that works out I'll be set for life. Droppin out isn't the worst possible thing you can do. The worst thing is to drop out and not do anything at all. My boss and I were having this discussion today at work. He thinks that if you can pass year 10 but all you want to do is get into a trade then there's not much point in finishing year 12. But if you want to become a lawyer or a doctor or something you have to go to uni which means you should finish year 12.

Members dont see this ad

I have a friend who dropped out of school half way through last year [she was in year 11] and she got a job at maccas and started a hairdressing course. They were both too much effort for her so she quit both of them and now she just bums around on myspace all day. That is the worst thing you could do with your life.

And Tume, how can you already get into uni? Did you do year 12 subjects last year?

I have a friend who dropped out of school half way through last year [she was in year 11] and she got a job at maccas and started a hairdressing course. They were both too much effort for her so she quit both of them and now she just bums around on myspace all day. That is the worst thing you could do with your life.

And Tume, how can you already get into uni? Did you do year 12 subjects last year?

Just because your friend is a deadshit and has no work ethic doesn't mean all drop outs are. I figure, I could've stayed at school through year 12 and ended up doing the same shit as I am now. Looking for an apprenticeship in panelbeating. But the thing is now, I have a years experience.

I Went to a Tech College where you finish yr11 and 12 aswel as start an apprenticeship. I'm 18, finished yr12 last year and went 2nd yr at the start of the year.

The way i see it is, by the time I'm 20/21 i'll have my trade papers as well as my yr12.

I highly recomend finishing your schooling to anyone out there. You mightnt need it for the career you want to get into when your 16/17 but plans can change at the drop of a hat.

I Went to a Tech College where you finish yr11 and 12 aswel as start an apprenticeship. I'm 18, finished yr12 last year and went 2nd yr at the start of the year.

The way i see it is, by the time I'm 20/21 i'll have my trade papers as well as my yr12.

I highly recomend finishing your schooling to anyone out there. You mightnt need it for the career you want to get into when your 16/17 but plans can change at the drop of a hat.

It's okay. I'm a simple person, it doesn't take much to occupy my mind. I would be happy standing in a workshop for the rest of my life.

WGMG is that brute thing. ugh.

wgmg: JDM. and the fact that it now gets slapped to anything japanese and cool.

i was doing some research into the origins of this term 'JDM' and stared getting very angry when i found out how far it was removed from it's original context.

the term 'JDM' is short for 'japanese domestic market'. so this applies to all cars/versions sold only in japan. it all stared with people buying japanese spec clear indicators and badges for there australian delivered r32 skylines and in the 90's. this was back when jdm car where just that, cars made to look like japanese spec cars. then in the early 2000's when we had a raft of cool, gun metal, de-winged s15 silvias around the term started being applied to those cars even if some of the parts where not even factory items but japan only tuner parts. then in about 2006-ish the name 'JDM' became more mainstream and started being applied to any smooth, subtly modified japanese car. the next thing i know every ke70/ae86/skyline that has been dumped on some nice wheels with one solid colour paint job is suddenly fcukn 'JDM'! i don't see how a silver 'ADM' ae86 dumped on chopped falcon spring and a set of dark grey "globe" style alloys and a long stainless exhaust pipe is 'JDM'. what part of it is 'JDM'? people need to sharpen up and know what they are saying before i sit them down and give them a good taking to about not using words that you don't know the meaning of. :P

[/rant]

^^ i'll second that but also with the euro marketing as well. Its the in thing to have the words "JDM" or "Euro styling" slapped on to this that and every other piece of crap.

We can't have an aussie styled house or car or whatever built to the aussie conditions cause thats not the euro trend of things. Its just a wank. Really, if i wanted a euro styled car i'd buy a Pug 205 or if i wanted to live in a Mediterranean styled house i'd move my shut to Spain or Italy etc.

Another thing thats pissing me off is my bloody voice - laryngitis is just oh so fun to have. More when all i want to really do is just shut the phuck up and not have to talk all that much to anyone, but oh no we can't have that now can we. Its a yabber yabber here and a yabber yabber there, yabber yabber every bloody where

WGMG, I'm royally up shit creek without a paddle!

Today my car has started shitting around and not running right, had to baby it home on a highway just then when it was all quiet, refuses to rev for more then a second, which includes the idle. Felt like I was going to break my back half the trip home and probably did wonders for the gearbox.

Also because I live out in 'rural' area. I need this to be able to get to school, tafe, work and anywhere outside of the home. I can't catch a bus or anything because there are none to catch! GRR.

His new engine recieved one on friday night :)

My car wont idle not nor is it anywhere as quick as it was. i think its dufe to my diff squashing the exhaust. and niow that ive fixed the blown intake/exhaust gasket theres way too much back pressure :)

anyway, thats WGMG

my mate had "only 2 drinks" from my expensive bottle of vodka and there is like only enough left for me to have like 3 drinks at most.....2 drinks my ass! but on a plus note i still have 3 bottles of Riccadonna in the fridge! :) and after this weekend I'm so taking a 2 week detox from alcohol mcdonalds and smokes.

my mate had "only 2 drinks" from my expensive bottle of vodka and there is like only enough left for me to have like 3 drinks at most.....2 drinks my ass! but on a plus note i still have 3 bottles of Riccadonna in the fridge! :) and after this weekend I'm so taking a 2 week detox from alcohol mcdonalds and smokes.

Stop all 3 completly and you'll probably feel alot better.