What Grinds My Gears.

WGMG - How everyone seems to be an expert on how my crash happened when me and my mate were the only one that saw it. Yeah I took the corner quick for the weather, but the conditions of the road and the fact I had shredded tires on the front added to the crash. I wasn't trying to drift or anything. I hate how people laugh about it. I hate how people tell me my car isn't a sports car...I know It's not...but it's set up like one. I hate how little fat 16 year olds claim their $800 unmodded vl is faster than my R31 and they're better drivers even though they've had their licence 3 weeks and already been the cause of an accident. I hate how my misses can't drive for shit and hasn't learnt from my mistakes with speeding and continues to speed through built up areas.

EDIT: I hate how I try so hard in life just to get shit on every f@$king time. I always have a positive attitude but...I don't think I can have one at the moment.

You shouldn't have been driving up there in the wet (or anywhere for that matter) with inadequate tyres. Can't afford new ones, don't drive it until you can. :y:

You grind my gears!!!

I once had a mate like you, shit would always happen to him because he was careless and just did plain old dodgy stuff. He was constantly attracting shit things to happen to him. Wherever he went, shit followed. Until he got his act together then it stopped following him.....

Think about it, what makes all this stuff happen to you??

Or maybe it is just a massive oversized does of karma, which I do not believe in anyway!!

Members dont see this ad
You shouldn't have been driving up there in the wet (or anywhere for that matter) with inadequate tyres. Can't afford new ones, don't drive it until you can. :y:

You grind my gears!!!

I once had a mate like you, shit would always happen to him because he was careless and just did plain old dodgy stuff. He was constantly attracting shit things to happen to him. Wherever he went, shit followed. Until he got his act together then it stopped following him.....

Or maybe it is just a massive oversized does of karma, which I do not believe in anyway!!

1. I can afford new tires which were planned for the monday after the crash.

2. When I left home it wasn't raining, it started raining later in the day and I had to get home somehow.

3. I'm not saying some of this shit isn't my fault, it's just...it all seems to happen now?

You grind my gears!!!

+1

3. I'm not saying some of this shit isn't my fault, it's just...it all seems to happen now?

I'll agree with that.

Murphy's Law

No. 21 - When something phuck's up he's bound to bring his mates along for the party.

No. 133 - When you've set out a plan on how your going to spend your money, Murphy will always always bring one his best mates along either

"Unexpected Cost" or "Unplanned for Bill"

No. 134 - If either of Murphy's best mates turn up their sure to bring the other one as well, and maybe a couple of others for a nice little party.

My Headache!!!

And i don't know what its from!!

Quite the annoyance

O and that only 6 of 8 bolts for the pedalbox line up even though i pulled the pedalk box out of that car (I know why they wont line up and no I cbf fixing it :D)

Still annoying though

Travis

children and homework....WHY DO YOU LEAVE IT TIL THE LAST MINUTE?!

Procrastination is the best thing ever. I was always a last day/night before it was due person. There was a good motivational poster somewhere for it...

...But I'll find it later :D

The thing is though, they're not such a bad thing when they're new... y'know, when all the reviewers get their hands on them and rave on about how 'this is the best one ever' blah blah

What they DON'T tell you about is how the harmonic balancer has a usable life of 60 thou, the cam journals flog out, the steering rack will fall off, the power steering pump will leak, the window switches will crap out, the regulators will f@$k up, the interior will fall to bits....

ugh

Its interesting to look back on, for example, Wheels magazine's car of the year. Once upon a time they awarded it to the TR Magna!

resident commodore sticker upper reporting in!

I'm always biased I know, but in all honesty, Ive had several high km commodores (from VKs-VTs) and they have never been a problem.

Its always the old addage of "treat it like shit and it becomes it" All cars will have dramas if they are abused and ill maintained.

My parents VS commodore (executive model) had 300k kms on the clock when they sold it to my brother (who had just onsold his 500k km VL which was still running fine) and he thrashed the balls off the VS for another 100,000kms and then sold it off again.

In that time, It broke sway bar link pins (common) and had the usual new shocks and general services. towards the end began using a small amount of oil, but was fine.

My great aunt had a VB SLE, blue 202 5 speed. Between her and my great uncle, they put close to a million kays on the thing before they sold it, without ever having a major mechanical fault.

My VK calais (injected black 202, worst of the bunch) had 250+ on engine and body, I had it for 30,000kms and never had a drama.

Even my VR that was thrashed to shit by the owner before me (bought it cheap) never had many dramas. (biggest thing was the gearbox shitting itself)

My VT now has 250,000 kms on the clock (just under 100,000kms from me) and its purring along, engine runs fine, doesnt use any oil or water. Ive replaced the transmission and the diff centre, aswell as inlet manifold gaskets and a centre bearing on the tailshaft and thats it. (half of those were because it was a flood write-off car)

don't get me wrong, Ive had some shocker commodores come through aswell, I had a VR that hadnt had the oil changed in over 150 thou. that engine would barely run, to half lexcen/commodore abortions with no seatbelts and an interior that smelt like a homeless mans nut sack, The early injected 5 litres had their problems engine wise, just like the early (series 1) LS1 engines that consumed piston rings at will and used oil like crazy)

I just think its very unfair to categorise them all in the same boat, usually people end up with broken bits of shit because they are too cheap to pay the extra money to find a well maintained car or they get taken for a ride, Hell Karlie got taken for a ride with her first AE92 SX corolla (drank oil)

Every manufacturer has their weak points with their cars and all it takes is inconsiderate pricks or simply bad luck to make them a hell of a lot more noticeable.