What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

WGMG - people who put up a for-sale thread for a part that I really want, get to the freight-quoting stage and then communication almost completely disappears, only to get a reply a few weeks later saying they're not actually his parts and he's selling them for a mate who he gave my email address to and said he'll contact me, and then another week has gone past and no word from either of them again (despite me asking for actual seller's email address so I could speed up communication)

FFS, if you want to sell something it helps if you actually reply to people who are interested in buying

I'm so sick of working for a big, evil corporation. Give me the little guy anytime.

The only problem is in a small business there is less protection from workplace dismissal laws. You do as they say or you are easily replaceable in their eyes.

If you go for a job, suss out the business well. If the place has a low staff morale and high staff turnover keep looking.

The biggest problem with employers is that a lot of them seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you a job, and that they own you. The actual reality of it is that they are paying YOU for YOUR TIME.

What most businesses don't seem to understand is that its' biggest asset is its' staff. Happy staff exude a positive impression to the public, who want to come back for repeat service. Unhappy staff send negative vibes which puts a damper on the customer experience and makes them want to go elsewhere.

Oh yea another thing, don't financially overstretch yourself with needless loans and credit cards for materialistic shit. Employers love this, as you need them more so than if you maintain financial freedom. Just think about why you go to work everyday, and how much of your time is paying for that new car, widescreen tv, stereo, etc.

The only problem is in a small business there is less protection from workplace dismissal laws. You do as they say or you are easily replaceable in their eyes.

If you go for a job, suss out the business well. If the place has a low staff morale and high staff turnover keep looking.

The biggest problem with employers is that a lot of them seem to think they are doing you a favour by giving you a job, and that they own you. The actual reality of it is that they are paying YOU for YOUR TIME.

What most businesses don't seem to understand is that its' biggest asset is its' staff. Happy staff exude a positive impression to the public, who want to come back for repeat service. Unhappy staff send negative vibes which puts a damper on the customer experience and makes them want to go elsewhere.

Oh yea another thing, don't financially overstretch yourself with needless loans and credit cards for materialistic shit. Employers love this, as you need them more so than if you maintain financial freedom. Just think about why you go to work everyday, and how much of your time is paying for that new car, widescreen tv, stereo, etc.

+ 1

I worked for a family business, worst mistake ever. Sure some of them are probably fine but in this family business you were expected to have as much passion for it as them, and work as many hours. The only difference between the owners and me is that I didn't enjoy the profits they did, and all the luxuries that went with it. Funnily enough they never saw it that way though :rolla:

To Tume:

I told you!!

Expect you laws to be looked at soon, things will change for SA, so you better get your supercharged and turbocharged cars all done and passed, so that you can prove you had them before any new laws come into affect, don't worry the media will f@$k us all over with its bullshit, and over exagerated crap stories.

Wait till A Current Affair gets there :rolla: then your f@$ked.

Travis

That's the problem with this one as well, you do as they say or it's a warning. 3 of those and you're out, and it can be over the stupidest things i.e., you swept the floor instead of vacuuming it, there are product barcodes showing, the label on the shelf is in the wrong place. Instant dismissal is for anything less trivial than this stuff.

We have a high staff turnover and when stuff goes wrong, the big big big boss owner gets up the big big boss, the big big boss gets up the big boss who gets up the boss who gets up the other boss and it's like this big snowballing effect where the more people it goes through the angrier they get and the more the shit hits the fan when it actually reaches you.

Yeah, we've tried not to get ourselves into alot of debt. We bought a house last year, which we made sure was definitely in our price range, and much to the banks dismay we're paying it off at the rate we started with, which I think was about 8%, theoretically we could be paying around $180 pw instead of $280 but we chose to keep paying that amount so the loan is gone quicker.

We've got a personal loan which is a result of our consolidation of our two loans and rob has a credit card. I refuse to get a credit card as I would never pay it off. I also refuse to buy anything with those buyer's edge deals.

What's the point, just save up and you'll have it sooner or later. We're very lucky, our family gave us two loungechairs and we recently got another off eBay for a measley 99c (lol).

Brings me to my next point, why do people always look down on you when you buy stuff off eBay, just because I know how to spend my money wisely. For instance, we were considering buying a dining table for ages and all the ones we liked, that we deemed were not going to fall apart after a year, were anywhere from $700 - $1500. WTF? for a dining table. One came up on eBay in our area.

It cost us $20...

I told my workmates and they just gave you that look of disgust. I was like, dude, I'd like to see you find a table and chairs in as good a condition and as nice looking as that for $20.

Why on earth would you pay so much money for this stuff?

That's another thing I don't understand... How can people go out almost every night of the week and get pissed at the pub and

a) be right for work the next morning

b) not have a trillion dollars of debt for paying $10 per drink, plus the amount of smokes they go through

Give us some money for our cars, at least we have something to show for it. :hmm:

I just thought of another thing that grinds my gears, useless whipee aerials, but I'm not even gonna open that can of worms :rolla:

To Tume:

I told you!!

Expect you laws to be looked at soon, things will change for SA, so you better get your supercharged and turbocharged cars all done and passed, so that you can prove you had them before any new laws come into affect, don't worry the media will f@$k us all over with its bullshit, and over exagerated crap stories.

Wait till A Current Affair gets there :rolla: then your f@$ked.

Travis

What's funny is I'm thinking about doing a media degree next year coz it'll help me with two things I wanna do

You guys are hatin on future me! :hmm:

WGMG:

Spending all my time reconditioning cars I despise. *(1)

Falcons, Commodores, Magnas, Camrys, Lasers, Hyundais..... the list goes on.

(1) This leaves me little time and/or motivation to tinker with my own toys. My Chaser is filthy, the Surf needs a service, the Prelude I bought for Mrs. Shades has been ready to go in for rego for weeks... oh and I just received a big box of bits for my E21 323i resto that will probably sit here for a month before I even think about touching the damn car.

*sigh*

Yep good old motivation. I spend most of the week thinking of things i'd like to do around the house and on my car and have it all shot to bits cause i wind up having to do a weeks worth of house work over the weekend cause someone cbf with doing it herself and that she'd rather spend the week (including the weekend) tripping all over the f@$king country side. Its rubbish like i have to find the weeks worth of dirty washing spend the day washing and hanging it out but before i can hang it out i've got to pull the washing off the line thats been there from last weekend.....

Motivation and people wonder why i have none...

I could take the Chaser off your hands if you don't have time for it :rolla:

Cross my palm with silver (quite a bit of it :hmm: ) and it could be yours...

I'm starting to have evil thoughts... evil, expensive, twinturbochargedquadcamV8slammedon20's thoughts...