What Grinds My Gears.

JJJ ftw.

Commercial radio makes me angry and disappointed with humanity.

+1

WGMG

Driving a Toyota Dyna which Rob has been fixing for his dad. Naturally, the only car that we have on the road out of all 6 cars we have is the Sooby which we swapped for the Dyna so we could tow the car trailer. It's gotten alot nicer to drive now, but I am short and I have issues getting in and I am not used to having horns on the spokes of the steering wheel.

I almost hit someone being extremely cheeky on a roundabout. She looked like she was giving way and then decided not to. :P Slammed on the brakes and started hitting the middle of the steering wheel, needless to say the horn didn't work because there is no horn there and after I finally found the horn, it stuck and didn't make a peep.

Argh! what is so hard a bout giving way.

Why do people put horns on the spokes of steering wheels, they're not the most convenient thing to reach when you need them and they're annoying when they actually work because, I don't know about everyone else but, I bump them in my normal course of driving. :wink:

GRR. I want to get my bonnet done as soon as possible so I can drive my own car. I really don't like big cars!

Small Cars FTW :bash:

Members dont see this ad
HAHA

WGMG: what will also probably start a debate :bash:

How NSW player in state of origin is having a wah at a call made by the ref when he clearly stepped on the line.

HAVE A FREAKIN WAH YOU WOULDNT HAVE WON ANYWAY YOU STUPID SORE LOSER!!!

Travis.

The call was made by the video ref after the gormless on-field ref didn't notice that the touch judge (who was probably 2m behind Hayne the whole time and looking straight down the line, thus having the best seat in the house) didn't even look like ever sticking his flag up in the air indicating that Hayne had gone over the line. Regardless of whether he stepped out or not, the call should NEVER have gone to the video ref anyway - I'm all for using the video ref to judge groundings where the on-field ref can't necessarily get a good view, but there are reasons why the line judges exist, so the on-field ref or video ref don't have to review line-calls.

Even after it got sent upstairs, what should have happened is that benefit of the doubt be applied, or at least throw it back downstairs as a Ref's Call (in which case the on-field would liase with the line-judge as to whether he thought it was out - the touchy later said that he thought he was in).

As to "they wouldn't have won anyway", at that stage they had QLD decidely on the back foot, and would have opened up a possible 8 point lead. Points at any stage are _crucial_ in Origin, especially when you get a lead going. That no-try, combined with the stupidest penalty ever when Hayne (again) was penalised for taking Folau out of the air when he wasn't even looking or paying attention to him (Folau basically just jumped into Hayne's shoulder and fell over), both of which created QLD tries in the set few plays, were the entire reason QLD dominated the first half. And ignoring the last-minute try by QLD (wasn't a knock-on anyway) NSW were within 6 points at the 80th minute - that one try at the beginning would have been enough to level the scores even if the rest of the game played out as it did up until the siren.

WGMG:

People drifting on the road. The L's platers telling me how much power they need and what they're gonna do when they get their P's. DON'T THEY WATCH THE f@$kING NEWS! People are dead! You don't need 200kw's. FFS! IDIOTS

Without being rude, you seem to have matured a fair bit lately.

Kudos to you sir :bash:

The call was made by the video ref after the gormless on-field ref didn't notice that the touch judge (who was probably 2m behind Hayne the whole time and looking straight down the line, thus having the best seat in the house) didn't even look like ever sticking his flag up in the air indicating that Hayne had gone over the line. Regardless of whether he stepped out or not, the call should NEVER have gone to the video ref anyway - I'm all for using the video ref to judge groundings where the on-field ref can't necessarily get a good view, but there are reasons why the line judges exist, so the on-field ref or video ref don't have to review line-calls.

Even after it got sent upstairs, what should have happened is that benefit of the doubt be applied, or at least throw it back downstairs as a Ref's Call (in which case the on-field would liase with the line-judge as to whether he thought it was out - the touchy later said that he thought he was in).

As to "they wouldn't have won anyway", at that stage they had QLD decidely on the back foot, and would have opened up a possible 8 point lead. Points at any stage are _crucial_ in Origin, especially when you get a lead going. That no-try, combined with the stupidest penalty ever when Hayne (again) was penalised for taking Folau out of the air when he wasn't even looking or paying attention to him (Folau basically just jumped into Hayne's shoulder and fell over), both of which created QLD tries in the set few plays, were the entire reason QLD dominated the first half. And ignoring the last-minute try by QLD (wasn't a knock-on anyway) NSW were within 6 points at the 80th minute - that one try at the beginning would have been enough to level the scores even if the rest of the game played out as it did up until the siren.

Its a game.....and only game 1 of 3 at that. I think most people would agree there is always going to be controversy over the ref's calls in a big game like origin. Even i didnt agree with the call and it should have gone back to the ref's decision.....

Its a game.....and only game 1 of 3 at that. I think most people would agree there is always going to be controversy over the ref's calls in a big game like origin. Even i didnt agree with the call and it should have gone back to the ref's decision.....

Oh absolutely, and I don't disagree with the final result - QLD were definitely the better team on the night. It's just that inconsistency in the actions of the refs, even the video refs, can ruin the atmosphere and feeling of a game even without affecting the final result, and when it does affect the result a lot of people get very upset. What's the point to having extra refs if this inconsistency is still going to be there? Better to just bugger them all off (along with 50 million instant replays for the crowd to get worked up about and nit-pick) and let the men in the middle make every final call.

Good on ya mate, most people do around our age, others don't, depends what impacts youve had in your life, yours would have been crashing your car I'm guessing?

Travis.

Yeah. Plus just wising up a bit with new friends and the recent deaths etc. Realising the shitpool I've gotten myself into with bad decissions.

WGMG:

People drifting on the road. The L's platers telling me how much power they need and what they're gonna do when they get their P's. DON'T THEY WATCH THE f@$kING NEWS! People are dead! You don't need 200kw's. FFS! IDIOTS

fair enough but people don't die because they have powerful cars, they die becuase they can't drive and then go and try stupid things.

Also people haven't died from drifting, its all been high speed straight line crashes.

Either way I'm glad to see your attitude has changed :bash:

Cheers, Ben.

fair enough but people don't die because they have powerful cars, they die becuase they can't drive and then go and try stupid things.

Also people haven't died from drifting, its all been high speed straight line crashes.

Either way I'm glad to see your attitude has changed :bash:

Cheers, Ben.

I agree with that as I'm all into owning a turbo daily. But, they're telling me they NEED 200kw's for what they need to do on the road. I mean, what do they NEED 200kw's for?

they need it to be super awesome...

my dad sent me an email the other day, i thought it would be kinda fitting in this thread with all the whinging that goes on, i know its just a release, but read it and think about it, i think the author is onto something..

Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio .

"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...

4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

11. Make peace with your past - so it won't screw up the present.

12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.

13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.

15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry - God never blinks.

16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no-one else.

20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.

21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.

23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.

24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

25. No-one is in charge of your happiness but you.

26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words, ’In five years, will this matter ?'

27. Always choose life.

28. Forgive everyone everything.

29. What other people think of you is none of your business.

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32.. Don't take yourself so seriously. No-one else does.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood.

38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we’d grab ours back.

41.. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

42. The best is yet to come.

43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

44. Yield.

45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.