What Grinds My Gears.

Members dont see this ad

Yeah, wasn't the welder that attacked it. It was more the fact it was in my pocket when I was getting ready, someone snuck in behind and jumped me, I went straight into the table and the phone hit the table. Talk on msn instead of here.

My sony Erricson had to be repaired 3 times, but it still works now, ive given it away and got a nokia, was too outdated.

My nokia hasnt needed to be repaired. And I love how easy to use and advanced the nokia can be :bash:

Nokia FTW.

Travis.

on the topic of phones: touch screen phones.

excuse the language... but f@$k, what's wrong with buttons? There's nothing wrong with buttons! Buttons are grouse!

i've got one of those LG Viewty jobs, and i will admit that it ticks every other single box i have for a phone (apart from not holding enough messages...): really tops camera, bluetooth, hold the odd MP3 for ringtones, good internet for when i occasionally check my email on the go, lovely large & clear screen... but the touch functionality is pathetic, apart from the inclusion of 'haptics' (which is when you get tactile feedback when pressing the screen, on mine it's a slight vibration/buzz, mimicing the physical contact / feeling you'd get as if you were pressing a button)

I will never, never buy another touch-screen phone again, the only half-way decent one is the iPhone, but that's only because it's got such a large surface area of screen to work with.

Couldn't agree more. My younger brother has the iPhone and i think it should have been called the iTurd, its nice but..... my girlfriends n95 does the same things just a little better.

And on the subject of her 10 month old n95 - replaced twice, repaired twice, updated the software once (it had the software from older version or something) and she still has the odd problem with it.

While my e51 is so far so good for the 9 months of ownership except for things like the star and hash keys their ends tend to pop out from time to time and the zero key has to be pushed a little harder then the other keys and it doesn't have the tactile "click" like the other keys. The standard calculator is a pain in the arse to use and the aftermarket one i have and use takes almost a coffee break to open up.

Sorry but the iPhones a turd too...

Oh, no doubt. I was just mentioning specifically the iPhone's touch screen is the easiest one in the "touch screen" class to use, but only because it has such a large screen, hence things on screen can afford to be spaced out more & reducing errors.

A always thought they were a touch overrated. A friend of mine rolled up to a phone shop and slapped down however much they cost these days (somewhere in the region of $800-ish), and now spends his time loading it up with useless applications, like the zippo lighter one (which is kinda cool, i will admit) where you can flick open the lid with your finger, strike the wheel and then blow the flame out by blowing into the speaker hole. Also, the flame moves when you tilt the phone left or right. Nifty, but dumb.

WGMG: The way the NSW P plate restrictions are (No, I'm not some uleh wanting to do sik skids in his turbz VL), It's got more to how it rules upon how many cylinders/forced induction instead of power/weight.

For example, I can't run a stock 4ag bigport in my AE86, even though it would still be slower than an ae82 twinky (due to drivetrain loss) which is P-plate legal . Same goes with old V8's I can't drive a HQ with a 253 but i can drive an XR6 which is loads faster, It just doesn't make sense. Ohwell, 11 more months till I get my opens :bash: