Everything posted by Mickey H
-
My Ke70 Aka "the Pooey"
Much love for this car Jake, is it any lower yet?
-
Great Wall Cars
- What Grinds My Gears.
Suzuki G13B twin cam. I've been assured that they should arrive by Wednesday at the latest. Hopefully Toyota care about their customers more and actually bother with customer service.- What Grinds My Gears.
WGMG is STILL waiting for aforementioned parts. :)- What Grinds My Gears.
WGMG: Waiting five days for genuine parts from Suzuki after they promised said parts would be delivered within 48 hours. This puts my engine rebuild back two days, it should of been finished by now. engine is pretty much done, but I can't put it together without an oil pump can i?- My Ke25...back Off The Road
Hey I'm Michael, Jakes mate. I'm not sure if he wants the full details of what happened on here, so yeh I'll let him tell it. Chassis is badly damaged, whole front is bent out of shape. The car still runs and drives though. Was pretty sad, It was a overrated ke25. (liquid on the ground is battery acid btw)- My Ke25...back Off The Road
I Failed at Steering. Posting from a mates account. See Picture- What Grinds My Gears.
WGMG: The way the NSW P plate restrictions are (No, I'm not some uleh wanting to do sik skids in his turbz VL), It's got more to how it rules upon how many cylinders/forced induction instead of power/weight. For example, I can't run a stock 4ag bigport in my AE86, even though it would still be slower than an ae82 twinky (due to drivetrain loss) which is P-plate legal . Same goes with old V8's I can't drive a HQ with a 253 but i can drive an XR6 which is loads faster, It just doesn't make sense. Ohwell, 11 more months till I get my opens :bash:- New Generation Mazda 3
Kinda growing on me now, when I first saw it it kinda freaked me out, big smiley face. Been doing recalls on the launch models this week, wiring harness is too close to starter motor= fire hazard. Kinda disappointed that they stuck with the 2 litre, I thought they would use the L3 since the L5 is now in the sp25. Still ugly as sin though.- N/a 20v Vs 4agte Vs 4agze Supercharged
I'm currently building a 4agze to put into my 86, keeping the sc12 but I'll be running about 13 psi. First thing you gotta remember is you need a new box, which easily ads up to 800$ on the cost of the build. I went with the gze because i like the idea of a supercharged 1600cc engine and while most people take them off and just go turbo, I like the idea of instant torque and no need to rev it to 11ty billion RPM for peak power. I'll probably put up a build thread later on.- What Grinds My Gears.
Mine is a Mitsubishi L400, i work at mazda though so we don't have the diagnostics equipment. Thinking it might be an o2 sensor, ive checked/replaced everything else. getting 350km out of a 60 litres is something that really does grind my gears....- What Grinds My Gears.
I lol'd On topic, WGMG is that my work, which is supposedly the 'biggest single site dealer in NSW' doesn't have a friggin OBD-II scanner, and i can't figure out why my vans fuel economy is going down the shitter. Ive tried injector cleaner, new air filter, fuel filter, cleaned the MAP sensor, and it's still running shit. :dance: I also have a week off work starting tomorrow, but i have to go to training for my apprenticeship all week. Have to leave at 6:30 AM and get home 6:30 PM, so no time to work on the 86.- Hmmm Lots Of Choice On Tv At The Mo
nothing good on foxtel either, but that's normal.......- Mazfix Performance - Apprentice Wanted
I'm almost a second year Mazda mechanic, getting my qualifications though Mazda australia, not tafe. I would be interested in working at a mazda based performance workshop when i get my trade. where is it located at?- Whats The Diffrence Between Sx Seca And Rv Seca?
4AG smallport, AE101 4AG 20 Valve Silvertop. Not sure about the output of a 7afe- Whats The Diffrence Between Sx Seca And Rv Seca?
Yeh it might of been an ae94, I'm 90% sure it was a 4afe, can't double check as the car as since been sold. There was a few suss things like overspray on the engine bay, ae92 front grille that led me to believe it has been in a smash, and the engine had been replaced with a 4afe and re-complianced. But i will say it was one quick seca, which was pretty suprising considering the engine.- Whats The Diffrence Between Sx Seca And Rv Seca?
Make sure you double check the engine, I had a friend with an RV, his was a 4afe, car was a 94 model.- Ae86 Pop Up Lights Onto Ae71
Maybe i should put an ae71 front on my 86, would look pretty funny Lets swap, i got a complete levin front end.- A Couple Of Questions
+1 Standard plates ftw, never bothered with personalised. I don't think it's worth the money, and when doing 'questionable' activities standard ones are harder to remember....- Ae86 Differences?
This is what a JDM build plate looks like, If its not jdm it would say 4A-C, not 4AGEU, and the diff would be different too. The T282 means it is a T series diff, with a 4.30 gear ratio. EDIT; meant 'not jdm', not 'NOW jdm'- Ae70 2 Door
It's near where i live, would be a good buy but i wouldnt spend 7k to get it. Someone on here should, it needs some upgrades.- Trailer Wiring Harness Question
Thanks that does help, I'm not sure which one to use, all the new cars i work on these days use the 7 pin flat socket, but mine only has 5 wires, I'm guessing thats the standard, so is it compatible? I might have to get a workshop manual for my van so i can figure out what wires are what.- Trailer Wiring Harness Question
I'm trying to install a towbar on my van at the moment, and it doesn't have a harness for the trailer. I found a cable that had been cut off, it has 5 wires in it. Anyone here know much about trailers? not sure if it is a harness or not, and if it is, what wires to use when i connect a plug. any help would be appreciated :dance:- Ricers
The Ssangyong Stavic; worst car ever made. We got one thats been sitting in the workshop for 3 months because we can't get parts for it, apparently it went under? we service them because the local ssangyong dealer went out of business so were stuck with the shitboxes.- Ae82 Twin Cam Seca Clutch Drama's
Yep that's pretty good, anyone here who does fwd clutches regularly knows how much of a bitch they are, bit of a time consuming job. - What Grinds My Gears.