SLW42

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets not forget a complete, good condition AE86 trueno front end is worth around $2000, for all the panels, front bar, lights etc. That's a pretty expensive item to cut up and adapt to a car worth under a grand like a KE70.

I'm not saying don't do it. It would look decent I think. I'm just saying be aware of the costs before you get too carried away.

If you have a look at the pic posted you can sort of see what is required.

You would need AE86 front guards, bonnet, grill, lights and indicators and possibly bumper.

You would cut the AE86 guards halfway through the wheel arch and weld them to the rear half of your KE70 guards. There would have to be some radiator support mods too to support the different lights and indicators.

Have you noticed in that pic that the front of the car has a full bumper and the rear has a half bumper or normal KE70 one?? To me this makes the car look strange on the side angle. You would need to adapt a full bodykit to the car or at the least AE86 bumper on the rear also to balance it.

It is a good idea, would cost more than you think and most people will probably not like it.

The pop-up front off a Trueno would not look any good as it would not follow the normal lines of a KE70.

The pop-up version would look no good at all, so you would need to use a normal AE86 front.

Front guards for them are pretty easy to come by, and you don't necessarily need to buy a fully JDM tyt version either. ADM guards will do the trick.

This is a difficult conversion, if it was cheap and easy, and/or cool it would have been done.