What Grinds My Gears.

Update to the above saga:

The lady from the Plumbing Firm who I called earlier today called me back on my mobile to discuss.

Question: How could she ring me on my personal mobile no. if I didn't give it to her (I initially rang her from a landline)

Answer: She has my details on file

She advised me she could not find the details I was requesting about the addresses and that it didn't matter as if I didn't pay there would be a warrant for my arrest. Arrested now??? WTF?????

I will be writing them a letter (after I have paid so I don't get arrested) to seek some clarity on the issue and might even get some free legal advice in relation to the fees I have had to pay to settle the issue. As I see it at this stage the legal fees are unnecessary as they have neglected to follow my instructions and send the account to the right address.

:P

Members dont see this ad

Karaoke + Asians.

This is going to sound terribly racist, but even the perpetrators of aforementioned woeful crooning agree, so I'm in the clear.

Why is it that the race of people LEAST able to sing have such a penchant for karaoke?

I work for myself, in a yard in an industrial estate. Next door is a large shed, where a group of chinese christians have set up shop to do their chinese christian-y things.

Sundays they rock up and do their thang... and afterwards there's a bit of high volume praise the lord-ing going on and I'm cool with that... thats what ya do on sunday when you're a christian.

But when the f*ckers turn up mid morning on a weekday and bust out with the most godawful chinese love ballads, volume turned up to 11, for several godforsaken hours and STILL NOT MANAGING TO HIT ONE SINGLE NOTE CORRECTLY THE WHOLE TIME...

I get slightly peeved.

That is all.

Crank up your own music to drown them out?

Maybe they are singing non stop because they know they are horrible, and are trying to get better.

WGMG is bog, hate it hate it hate it. Hate finding it everywhere on the car.

what size saw and how did you manage it?

what type of saw?

climbing up onto a roof yesterday through the trusses, I'm a carpenter, in a rush, got my hands up, swung my legs onto the top of the wall and pushed up, drove a 3" nail about an inch into my tricep above the elbow on the back of my arm where it was skewed out of a truss, heard and felt it grind over the bone.

nicely swollen and didnt bleed very much, hoping it doesnt get infected due to all the swelling, and that theres no tendon damage.

by golly it hurt.

and all you get from the boss is, why did you climb up there.

well, because you were standing in my way, there was bracing over the next two gaps and i was in a rush and it was where i needed to be. why didnt you pull the nail out when you left it sticking out like that, or atleast bash it flat..

grr

It was on the panel saw at work. Went to flick a bit of scrap out of the way of the blade before I turned it to 45º. As I pushed the scrap past, the end of my thumb clipped the back of the blade. It isn't an overly bad injury as such, just sort of tore the skin and flesh and took a little chunk off the end of the thumb. Just frustrating having the bandage on my thumb as it is just so hard to do things with it bandaged. Worst thing is that I am always so carful about using the saw and moving the scrap out of the way, but I was just in a hurry and all it took was a tiny concentration lapse and ended up hitting it. It'll heal, but there were a hell of a lot of "what ifs" running through my head after it happened.

I hope for your sake that your puncture wound doesn't get infected. Make sure you clean/had it cleaned thoroughly as nail wounds are nasty.

mate, thats scary, especially on the back not the front of the blade. so it was going down, nice way of running the blade right down your thumb if it grabs. i think everyone learns from such mistakes and resulting pant cleaning sessions :P

bit late, happened in the morning, had all sealed over by end of play, just hoping all the internal bleeding, ie swelling drains out before we get any nasties if not itll be a few days off and a nice work cover bill for him :P

Yeah it was more the side of the back of the blade, as the riving knife blocks the full back of the blade. Either way, when my thumb hit it, it just bounced it into the air and away from the blade as the blade was spinning towards me. Funny thing was when it happened, it made a dull thud to which my immediate thought was "hmm, f@$k, that wasn't timber hitting the blade...". Sure enough my thumb was dripping with blood :P

Hmmm that's no fun.

WGMG is this is the most stressful school holidays I have ever had.

I hate year 12.

And now for the rest of the week I have to look after my mum coz she's coming out of hospital today. Grrrr... Like I need her incessant whinging. Her surgery was no worse than I had and I was bright and perky and doing everything the next day but knowing her she'll squeeze every bit of attention and slavery she can out of me.

:P

stick her in an old person home

or move out

one of my mates moved out in year 10 and lived not far from my place and he finished school no problems and now owns his own jewellery. my sister who was unfortunate enough to be stuck living with my dad (i lived with mum) moved out when she was like 15 or something and now she works for american express and makes more than i do and travels the world for free, she just got back from LA last week. what I'm saying is that its your life so take control of it cause it sounds like your mum is going to send you to an early grave or turn you into one of those emo kids....

Yea, near misses are bad enough. but still better than something that went really wrong.

Mate was using the sheet metal guilotine at work. Its air powered with 2 f@$k off big air rams that pull the blade down. The shaft/ blade arm stops 3/8 of an inch from the floor. The foot pedal had been pushed back and when my mate went to use it the shaft came down and smashed the plastic casing and the top of the valves in the pedal.

If the pedal was 3 inches further under, the shaft woulda come down, crunshed the plastic, hit his boot, and held it down untill the shaft had got to the bottom of its stroke before going back up. leaving him with a 10mm thick foot.

Anyway. WGMG,

Making thr deal to buy a ke30 on a saturday for $900, with instructions that we would pick it up on the following tuesday. Ring up on tuesday to let them knwo we would be down to pick up the car. only to get the response "oh, the cars sold". Further questioning revealed theyd sold it for $1275 (not worth it) on the monday.

LIKE WTF? I know it wasnt set in cement as nothign was in writing, but people can't even keep their word these days.

Anyway. WGMG,

Making thr deal to buy a ke30 on a saturday for $900, with instructions that we would pick it up on the following tuesday. Ring up on tuesday to let them knwo we would be down to pick up the car. only to get the response "oh, the cars sold". Further questioning revealed theyd sold it for $1275 (not worth it) on the monday.

LIKE WTF? I know it wasnt set in cement as nothign was in writing, but people can't even keep their word these days.

You should have put a deposit down, that way they have to hold it, and sell it at the original agreed price ;)

I know it pisses you off but I don't hold anything for anyone without some form of deposit. Been stung too many times :hmm:

Yep i'm the same with that, pisses me off to no end if someone can't keep their word to something we've agreed on. So yeah, the extra money would have been nice, but i keep my word and if i can't i let the other party know.

My damn supervisor - swear it must take a lot of intelligence to be an f'ing idiot. Like today the forklift had to be re-fueled so a workmate grabbed the fuel drum, unscrewed the cap on the forklift and placed it on the seat turned his back to grab the funnel turned back and ol' numb nuts jumped on the forklift to drive off - didn't even see the cap missing from the tank and didn't even realize it was under his arse.