What Grinds My Gears.

aw jip you bastad :jamie:

daylight saving rule, it means once you finish work you have time to wrk an extra hour on your car :no2:

i hate it when a van slams its brakes on in front of you in an 80 zone, so you have to slam yours on too

lucky i keep a safe stopping distance

or i would have been goooone

Travis

Members dont see this ad

bring it on, it doesnt work so far up north, but it would be good down this way of qld, at least give an hour of cool weather to start in, and hey, i wouldnt be working under lights right now if we had it would i....

whats the issue with it?

bring it on, it doesnt work so far up north, but it would be good down this way of qld, at least give an hour of cool weather to start in, and hey, i wouldnt be working under lights right now if we had it would i....

whats the issue with it?

For me i had a gut full of it when we were living in victoria decades ago and having to go to bed while the sun was still up.

About the only thing i can it being good for is the "extra" couple of hours there is for the grass to grow..

Why not have daylight savings during winter ? Wouldn't that work better where the days are shorter. Give the illusion that the winter days are longer :roll:

mate do you start at 6/630 in the morning in the winter?

i do, and its only JUST getting light, we wouldnt be able to start til 7 in the morning in winter which would just be crap.

i understand where you r coming from with the daylight so late into the day that its bed time and the suns still out, my parents are from the UK and they got used to it still be light at 10/11 at night. but they also got used to going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark in winter.

up here, latest sun is up is 730 then its dark as, i don't see the issue with having light til 830, at least the start of the day for tradies is a bit cooler and the sun isnt high in the sky...

OMG Who cares, Leave it the way it is. Is it really hurting anyone!!! So what it gets light earlier than everyone else. So what it gets darker earlier here. Its 7pm and the sun is still out. Do we really want there to be light at 8pm??

yes i do.

i was still busy at 8 everyday this week and would have been very happy if id had an hour or two of extra light.

why does it bother you if it gets changed? coz your too lazy to reset some clocks?

at least when you try and contact a NSW business after work they would still be bloody open.

Okay fine. Lets change it. Then while we're at it lets change it for 3 months in winter too. So what if the sun comes up at 7am, at least there will be daylight at 6pm!!

The whole idea is stupid. But fine, lets be a bunch of sheep and follow what everyone else is doing.

mate do you start at 6/630 in the morning in the winter?

Nope, use to start at 5 in the morning and work till 5 in the arvo as a seedman

and the job before that was a 6am start and at times never got told when my finish time was which meant i could be there for 4 hours minimum up to 10 hours maximum

And even then the whole eastern australia time zone thing is out of wack cause the mexican states can't figure out the fact of starting and ending at the same time. Its one state first for a month or so then the other state figures it out and pulls their clocks back an hour.....

Maybe, just maybe if the whole country as a whole can do the whole daylights rubbish at the same time it might just work out a little better for the grass

edit - forgot cows

.....and the cows

Edited by towe001

I love this time of year!

Daylight Savings ROCKS!

I can actually go outside of a night after work (i get home at 6ish) and mow the lawn, or clean the gutters, or wash cars, or work on cars.

Its brilliant!

I don't care if its dark when I get up or anything like that, the extra hours in the afternoon are grouse!

Ohhh and I'm still pissed at the banks, told us by this wednesday now! thats over 2 weeks! luckily we have a nice agent and vendor (friends) so we wont lose the house or anything.

I'm also pissed at P plates, and more the fact I forget to remove them when swapping cars. It really makes you notice how different people drive/act towards you on the roads. (something I never noticed while I was on Ps)

They will move out of the way or not cut you off etc etc on the F3 when I take the missus P plates off, but if I forget (like thismorning) then everyone likes to hold you up, cut you off, and speed up when you try to overtake them! assholes!

I'm also pissed at P plates, and more the fact I forget to remove them when swapping cars. It really makes you notice how different people drive/act towards you on the roads. (something I never noticed while I was on Ps)

They will move out of the way or not cut you off etc etc on the F3 when I take the missus P plates off, but if I forget (like thismorning) then everyone likes to hold you up, cut you off, and speed up when you try to overtake them! assholes!

Oh, your not wrong there.

My girlfriend's still on her L's. Just having to wait till we come back from holidays so that she can book a test. But anyway, we don't bother with the plates any more, we'd sooner run the chance of copping a fine then having the dickheads act like dickheads around us cause we've got L plates on the car. People cutting us off, being overtaken in a 60 zone while sitting on the limit, being overtaken while making a right hand turn, pushing, cutting in, acting like a dropkick while in a parking lot and trying to park.

Starting to give me ideas on having a bit of fun with the plates while i'm driving.....

yes, people find they have to overtake you even when your doing the exact speed limit in like 80 and 60 zones, just to be behind someone other than a learner or a p plater, what you scared? if your scared make the gap between you and the p/l plater bigger for more time to stop, don't make the p/l plater feel uneasy cause you have to take unnessary risks to over take them

and just cruise along, save 30 seconds off your arrival time? or have a nice relaxing drive?

and stop sitting up arses trying to push us forward, or i will brake and let you smash my car up so you can buy me a new one!

lol

my 2c worth

Travis

Oook, picture this though.....

On a recent drive out to somerset dam up here in queensland, most of the roads out to the dam are either 80kph or 100kph. I had been driving on this particular stretch of road for quite a while (more than 10k's) and seen at least 2 100kph speed signs. I then came across 2 cars driving in the same direction as myself, the front car (had L plates) was doing around 50kph on the straights and about 30 - 40kph around ANY kind of bend/corner in the road. I could see the car behind this learner driver was getting quite annoyed and was looking for a safe spot to overtake (was only a 2 way road).

Meanwhile, there has been another 2 cars come up behind me and are also wondering what the hell is going on. The car in front did not stop or pull over to the side of the road to let people past, just kept driving at his/her own speed limit. Now, you tell me who is in the wrong....the instructor in the car for not telling the learner driver to either speed up or pull off the road to let people past in a safer manner than to overtake on a 2 way road, or the fact that the learner driver had too little experience with speed to be on that road in the first place?

All the cars behind the learner had to overtake on the wrong side of the road (legally) and then proceed on. Just that incident alone could have caused a serious accident if one of the other cars had of misjudged....all because of a learner driver.

I realise we are all learners at some stage....and i normally give them lots of space and not be a dickhead around them, but this just pissed me right off to think that the instructor couldnt be bothered to teach them some common courtesy.

NB. The learner car WAS NOT a driving instructors car....just a private vehicle with L plates.

/rant

Edited by Xany