Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jip_01's Ke36 Dorris 1 (d1) & 2 (d2)

Featured Replies

  • Author

Hey, well today was a long day. I don't remember the Sunshine Coast being so far away. I had some pretty interesting conversations with corollaandy, PHATKE20S and phatke30.

 

And by chance i ended up sourcing a rear window for the wagon. :cool:

 

Here are the pics of the day...

 

As I arrived to my sisters. 5 Speed, Window and bonnet strapped in.

post-1158-1188641849_thumb.jpg

The whole days haul including 5K

post-1158-1188641866_thumb.jpg

 

Now here are a couple pics of items i may need.

 

Here is the current door handles Vs. the late KE30/KE55 ones. I've never seen these before. Has anyone else??

post-1158-1188641888_thumb.jpg

This pic shows the trims that I'm missing. The vent, the trim that covers the jack compartment and the part that puzzles me. (See next pic)

post-1158-1188641908_thumb.jpg

On the pillar there are two screws that stick out. Its the same on the other side. I'm just curious as to whats meant to be mounted there??

post-1158-1188641920_thumb.jpg

Passenger side vent.

post-1158-1188641936_thumb.jpg

Lastly the rear bumper. I know how slim of a chance I have to find a good KE36 one so what's everyone's thoughts, is it repairable??

post-1158-1188641951_thumb.jpg

 

I'm thinking if I can locate an early dash that I might do a deconversion. Since I've already got 2 other cars with the two piece dash.

 

Well thats it, tell me your thoughts. :lol:

JiP

  • Replies 73
  • Views 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got the vents on my ke36 wagon, good rear bumper and tailights if you want them. I don't need them as I am not going to be running any of them. I myself am chasing ke70 girlock calipers and backing plates with the appropriate bolts for mounting. Maybe we can work something out. :cool:

Nah thats great. How much were you after for them?? I'm hoping that i'd be able to pick them up today while i'm on my Sunny Coast Parts Run. (YAY 5K's HERE!!)

 

PM Sending

5K... mmm.. they're a lot of fun.. i can definately vouch for that.. :lol: :cool: :P

Edited by PHATKE20S

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Well, with so many cars its hard to focus on just one.

 

This weeks flavor is Dorris, my KE36 wagon.

 

So... this is the current dash.

post-1158-1199261107_thumb.jpg

And thanks to "curly" I now have this one. Its only got two small cracks. Just have to get them fixed and the dash painted brown as thats the colour the original would have been.

post-1158-1199261127_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1199261143_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1199261158_thumb.jpg

Thats a nice tidy looking dash and will go a treat in the wagon.

Hate the new dash :yes:

 

Wanna send me the dash pad from the one you are pulling out?

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

I went to the wreckers today and bought a new glove box.

post-1158-1203402986_thumb.jpg

And I bought a shelf for under the dash that suits an early dash.

post-1158-1203403011_thumb.jpg

 

I got a quote for all the early KE3x seats for it too. A bit pricey and will need to be re-trimmed but will look good eventually.

  • Author

The engine in this thing is filthy and since I'll be pulling it out soon I gave her a clean.

Before...

post-1158-1204085150_thumb.jpg

After... ITS BLUE!!

post-1158-1204085165_thumb.jpg

Edited by JiP_01

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Well its been a while since I've done any work on Dorris. So since today is my only day off, I decided to go to the wreckers, pick up some seats and fit some parts.

 

Well I've decided to just use the early black 30 dash instead of having it redone and the colour changed to brown. I've decided to change the colour scheme to black too.

post-1158-1208249890_thumb.jpg

So the dash is now out.

post-1158-1208249912_thumb.jpg

The new dash in.

post-1158-1208249942_thumb.jpg

The dash again.

post-1158-1208249956_thumb.jpg

I found these seats at the wreckers today. They are overrated. Just need a scrub.

post-1158-1208249859_thumb.jpg

Here is the old seat, if anyone wants, let me know.

post-1158-1208250002_thumb.jpg

Here is one of the seats installed. I've just given it a wipe, needs a full clean tho.

post-1158-1208249983_thumb.jpg

 

I also bought another rear bench seat from an early KE36. It is cracked but I plan on getting it recovered. I hope to have it redone to match the front seats or maybe just have them in black. Also, attached to the KE36 bench seat is the original cargo area rubber mat. :)

Glad to see you saved those seats jon, they've been sitting in that rolla at the wreckers for as long as i can remember, should have grabbed the rear seat too though you don't have a use for it,

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author

I was going to grab the rear but they would have charged me another $88 for them. Plus the bottom half was rotted cause all the windows have been smashed. I took pics so I can take them to my upholsterer to have the bench seat redone in the same style hopefully.

  • Author

Oh, I also almost grabbed the door trims but only one was good. I now just plan to get any good ones and paint them black to match. The look I'm going for is to have the strap handles as I know where I can get brand new ones.

Good to see progress on the old girl mate.

I know too well what it's like, plenty of cars to work on BUT no time to do it. :)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.