Jip_01's Ke36 Dorris 1 (d1) & 2 (d2)

JiP

Yeah, thanks guys. Today I'm going to take it home (I wonder what the parentals will say) so I can give it a vac and fit the new mats.

I gave the steering wheel a clean yesterday and removed all the gunk that built up on it. The actual wheel is in good nick, sadly the center will need to be replaced as its cracked and faded. Another thing I'll be needing to get is an early glovebox. The early ones are shaped differently so i have to grab one when at Kelly's next.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, so today was a busy day.

I started will fully vacuuming the car. (inside and out) I'm not a big fan of parking under trees but I assume the previous owner was. Having the vac out gave me a good chance to suck out all the leaves and shit that have built up inside the vents.

I'm loving the carpet, tho worn on the drivers side and a bit faded, it still looks new.

post-1158-1212652222_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652233_thumb.jpg

I fitted my new mats. I decided to cut a hole in them so I could have the peddle sticking through. Its better than the mat in Lolla, I then decided just to cut a slot from the side.

post-1158-1212652268_thumb.jpg

It looks bare, I need to fit my console. Does anyone know if they fit well against an early dash?? I've seen the early auto console with an early dash. The early auto console is just like the late auto console, just brown.

post-1158-1212652283_thumb.jpg

I removed the crappy sub woofer box carpet that had been laid in the back and cleaned it up. I also tidies up the sagging roof lining.

I hope to change the seats soon. I have a set of early KE36 seats just like these with the original rubber cargo mat or the update KE55 rear seat with stock cargo carpet. I donno which one I'll use yet.

post-1158-1212652243_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652255_thumb.jpg

Next I realigned all the doors, bonnet and tailgate to ensure they are straight.

post-1158-1212652294_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652328_thumb.jpg

I adjusted the tailgate as high as it would go but still sits low.

post-1158-1212652317_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652345_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652356_thumb.jpg

Okay, so today was a busy day.

I started will fully vacuuming the car. (inside and out) I'm not a big fan of parking under trees but I assume the previous owner was. Having the vac out gave me a good chance to suck out all the leaves and shit that have built up inside the vents.

I'm loving the carpet, tho worn on the drivers side and a bit faded, it still looks new.

post-1158-1212652222_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1212652233_thumb.jpg

I fitted my new mats. I decided to cut a hole in them so I could have the peddle sticking through. Its better than the mat in Lolla, I then decided just to cut a slot from the side.

It looks bare, I need to fit my console. Does anyone know if they fit well against an early dash?? I've seen the early auto console with an early dash. The early auto console is just like the late auto console, just brown.

Looking good mate....... I wish i had the enthusiasm to work as quickly on my cars.

• 2 months later...

thanks. The early dash mat came today and had a talk to my parents. I was gonna give my KE30 to them and drive the wags as a daily but seems that my dad has been sussing this puppy out. So once done the olds will be cruising around in this puppy and I'll be borrowing it when I need to transport stuff of some largeness. :eatlead:

If I can ever finish the projects I have going at the moment I'm going to go hunting for a 36 or 38 wagon. Wagons and utes/trucks rock!

They make it so much easier for carrying things (and sleeping in the back of when your too drunk to drive home :dance: ).

Not happy Jan!! The POS dashmat that I waited over 2 months to get and finally arrived the other day, was test fitted today. It shits me off cause it hangs off the dash by like 5cm's. its not the correct size and i tested it to one of my KE55's just in case they got the dashes mixed and it doesn't fit them either. I've very tempted to give them a negative remark on ebay but first I'll send them a message.

• 11 months later...

Well I know this project has stopped but I have to empty my garage. So since I don't want to junk these overrated wagon seats and door trims and carpets, I've fitted them to the wagon with hops that it may help with the sale too...

Before...

post-1158-1249894147_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1249894295_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1249894433_thumb.jpg

After...

post-1158-1249894416_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1249894373_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1249894389_thumb.jpg

Sadly I had to junk these :lolcry: 10 Seats and 6 Door Trims :P

post-1158-1249894464_thumb.jpg