Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And a CAMS L2 licence, but the Speed version is not essential for drifting, only if you want to go lapsprinting.

And the AE71 is not for sale anymore. We decided to keep it and still get the new car. Which is...

a 1974 TA22 Celica.

You may have seen the listing by Rhys (Rusty Celica) on BoostCruising. I was going to keep it a bit of a secret, but I can't be buggered. Here it is in case you haven't seen the images:

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02151.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

I haven't paid for or picked the car up yet, but come this Sunday it will be in my possession - Rhys, I'll PM you to discuss payment details. It's got a 13T motor, which is just a renamed 3T. This means it's got 85mm bore, 78mm stroke, 1770cc capacity, single cam, 2-valves & pushrods. However, I went and picked this up:

post-397-1182296232_thumb.jpg

post-397-1182296237_thumb.jpg

post-397-1182296241_thumb.jpg

It's a 2T-GEU head (if you couldn't tell from the sticker on the front). This will be bolted onto the 13T bottom, with higher compression, bigger bore pistons (about 88mm instead of 85mm), giving me a twincam engine with 1897cc. With bigger cams & valves, extractors and exhaust I'm hoping to get it close to 200hp at the engine, or roughly 110kW at the wheels. It would be plenty of grunt for this car, as it's not intended to be super quick, but just a nicely modified street classic.

It will also get some nice rims (probably 15x7's, possibly as big as 15x8's), a completely new paint job, and various other modifications. I'll be creating a new project page in the Rides/Projects section, so remember to check out the progress as we start making some. Hopefully this vehicle will be ready for the 2008 Rejex Rally. :jamie:

Edited by ancullen

A 3T-GTEU? I considered going turbo, but ruled it out pretty quick. There's a 3T-GTEU head for sale on TradeMe.co.nz, but I don't think the twin-spark plugs will offer any real advantage, and I don't like the more modern cam covers. The 2T-GEU head I've got has a far more classic twin-cam look, plus a 1.9L revving to around 8,000rpm with twin carbs will be sweet and old school. :jamie:

A 3T-GTEU? I considered going turbo, but ruled it out pretty quick. There's a 3T-GTEU head for sale on TradeMe.co.nz, but I don't think the twin-spark plugs will offer any real advantage, and I don't like the more modern cam covers. The 2T-GEU head I've got has a far more classic twin-cam look, plus a 1.9L revving to around 8,000rpm with twin carbs will be sweet and old school. :jamie:

nah twin spark does a bit for performance but not much, (higher power ignition does the job better eg. msd), the head looks like but its the 2 valves per cly that makes it shit. having said that, its been along time since I've seen that car, blue Celica with a sports seat, and i have never once seen it out on the road since it was all fixed up. can't remember if it was a 3T-GTE or 4T-GTE

they came from TA63 Celica, TA63 carina, TT142 Corona GT-T & GT-TR, 120kw 160hp @ 6000rpm, Double-row Chain, but limited sized injectors at 295cc's, turbo being a CT20 and produced between 1982-1985, there is still better engines out that are easier to find parts for and cheaper bang for buck that'll fit in a TA22 so i couldn't see any difference with a 2T like your doing

http://www.bigflea.com/corolla/index.cfm?ContentID=111

if your some what interested at all... http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/3tginfo.htm

lol so much for keeping the project under wraps adam, I am happy that you are taking the car and doing something useful with it so that i can make room for the one tonner :jamie: should have it in my possesion this weekend

mmmmm looks good how mach u git it for

That and a bit more. :jamie:

nah twin spark does a bit for performance but not much, (higher power ignition does the job better eg. msd), the head looks like but its the 2 valves per cly that makes it shit. having said that, its been along time since I've seen that car, blue Celica with a sports seat, and i have never once seen it out on the road since it was all fixed up. can't remember if it was a 3T-GTE or 4T-GTE

they came from TA63 Celica, TA63 carina, TT142 Corona GT-T & GT-TR, 120kw 160hp @ 6000rpm, Double-row Chain, but limited sized injectors at 295cc's, turbo being a CT20 and produced between 1982-1985, there is still better engines out that are easier to find parts for and cheaper bang for buck that'll fit in a TA22 so i couldn't see any difference with a 2T like your doing

http://www.bigflea.com/corolla/index.cfm?ContentID=111

if your some what interested at all... http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/3tginfo.htm

It'll be a 3T-GTE, 2-valve per cylinder, 2-spark plugs per cylinder, DOHC, 1.8L turbo engine. DEFINITELY not a 4T-GTE, as only a few were made by Toyota for use in their Group B rally cars.

I'm not really a fan of turbos though, so the 13T-G I'll be building will just be a nicely tuned carbie-fed motor.

lol so much for keeping the project under wraps adam, I am happy that you are taking the car and doing something useful with it so that i can make room for the one tonner :o should have it in my possesion this weekend

Now I just need to buy my shed to fit all my project cars. Once the Celica's done, we'll take the Starlet off the road (as I mentioned to you) to upgrade the motor, suspension, and re-do the paint, as well as some other stuff.

I went to a NT Motoring Council meeting last night, as a representative of RollaClub. I will be going to these meetings every month from now on, as I found out about some things that are happening around town and some plans that the council has. Unfortunately I didn't take a pen with me, so I haven't written it all down, but there was nothing coming up before the next meeting anyway.

However, there are some upcoming events that some of you may be interested in:

June 22-24: V8 Supercars, Hidden Valley, $70 (all 3 days), $45 (Sunday only)

Sunday July 8: Rally Association of Darwin Motorkhana, Fred's Pass Netball Courts, $25 per driver (free drink & sausage sandwich)

Friday July 20: HVDRA Off Street Meet

Sunday July 22: NAMSC Motorkhana, Hughes WWII Airstrip, $20 per driver

Friday July 27: Darwin Show Day Public Holiday

August 4-5: 2007 Rejex Rally, Travels Darwin to Hayes Creek with various stops, $250 per car (one driver, one passenger), $125 each extra passenger

Monday August 6: Picnic Day Public Holiday

At some point during July I want to have a RollaClub get together of some kind. Daven (sirolla) will be in town sometime during July, so I want to do it when he can come along. I've contacted Daven to find out what dates he'll be in town, and we'll work from that. If any of you are interested in more details about any of the events mentioned above, get in touch with me and I'll update you as much as I can.

Edited by ancullen

LOL!!! 7A-GTZFE? So that's a 7A with the wide-angle head, turbo, supercharger, narrow-angle head and EFI? Hmm, that'd be a four cam inline four. I'd be interested in seeing that dual head setup. :jamie:

I was planning on turning my 4A-GZE into either a 7A-GZE or a 7A-GTE, but have decided against it as I'd prefer to have the revs than the long stroke. Plus the money would be better spent on a 3S-GE or 3S-GTE.