Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was driving to work today and spotted SYCOTOY, a blue KE35 or KE55 fastback. It's got 16 or 17 inch rims, big front brakes, rear disc brakes (SWEET!!!), and a turbo engine by the sound of things - I think I've been told in the past that it's got a 1G-GTE. I dragged it (in the black Corolla) up 60km/h from the lights and beat it the whole way, except I don't think his launch was as good as it could have been. Was still fun though!

If *think* the 1G-GTE was used in the GA70 Supra and one of the first Soarers. There were other vehicles that used it too I think. 2.0L straight six with twin turbos making 138-157kW and 234-275Nm. A good engine, but the 1JZ-GTE that was it's replacement is obviously a lot better. There was also the 1G-GZE which I'm certain you've heard of, which made 125kW and 226Nm. The 1G-FE was the engine used in the Lexus IS200 and the Toyota Altezza AS200.

I've had a desire for the last few days to get something modern, RWD, manual, with torque. And preferably not turbo. Having looked into it, I'm pretty much limited to an R34 Skyline 25GT. I then considered the option of a turbo car, which opened the field up to the Soarer 2.5TT and 3.0T and the R34 GT-t. I don't like Supras, so they're out of the question. Another option I considered today is the IS200 (except it's got no torque). I've seen these as cheap as just under $20,000, in manual 1G-FE form, and while it would be possible to do an engine swap to a 1G-GTE or 1G-GZE, or even a 1JZ or 2JZ, I'd prefer not to do an engine swap. What I'm considering (but probably won't ever buy) are as follows:

Soarer 2.5TT (too heavy though)

R34 Skyline 25GT (under $15,000, WAY lighter than Soarer)

IS200 (needs WAY more grunt, would prefer a coupe)

R32 Skyline GTS-t (needs engine swap, too old)

R32 GT-R (always wanted one, getting too old though, cheap examples are usually shit, complicated AWD)

Ideally I'd love something with a 1JZ-GE, but there's nothing appropriate available for import to Australia. The R34 25GT would be cool, and the engine can be modified a little (I'm not against modifying the engine, just don't want to do a swap). The others don't really do it for me as much. I'm not really planning on doing anything for now anyway, it's just something I was considering. Once I've paid the black Corolla off we'll be saving a deposit for a new house, then the next car we'll buy will be for Alisson, so that pretty much rules out anything I'd want to buy. I'd like to get rid of the Corolla so I can buy something else, but I can't really be stuffed selling it, plus it's more modern than anything I would replace it with, and I like reliability. Oh well, I'll be happy one day...

I keep going though the same thing, i want sumthing new with aircon, and nice n easy to drive, then i drive the work car "Kluger CVX" and get pissed off at how poxy new cars are with there shitty plasticness, and girly features, then i drive my car and giv it a bit of stick trough a corner and love how it hooks up and rockets out, then i go out crusing and get flogged by anything newer i race, and then i see a rota MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next car RX3, Rx7 Series 6,7 or Supra TT or sumtin completly random like a framilia

its so hard i just wana get on the track alreadi n get my cooler n pulley on so i can forget about any other car