Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nt Major Discussion

Featured Replies

I like the 180's and Silvias, but they're getting old too. It's not that I don't like older cars, but I figure if you're going to have one, you may as well have a really nice looking one (eg. RX3, TE27, Jaguar MkII, etc). S15's are sweet but too expensive. Maybe I should see if I can afford my uncle's WRX. It's one of the last of the first generation, with the big spoiler, green paint, cream/beige leather interior. It's very nice and unmolested... but is located in Tasmania.

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Views 283.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all that ke55 has the 2ltr 6 twin turbo out of i think its the old Soarer i was talking to the men that drives it looks good to

Yeah, it's a sweet little car. I thought it was the same vehicle.

 

In other news, I've won an auction for a set of silvertop quad throttles, but I'm waiting on the seller to get in touch with me. My bigport heads STILL haven't been sent from down south (;)), and I'm now in discussions with someone about getting an adaptor and plenum made up. However, if it's too expensive, we might have a go at making them ourselves, which may actually be a better option.

 

BTW Shane, I was looking at the 4A-GZE in the yellow Corolla the other day, and I ascertained two things. 1. Without going for full custom intake piping an SC14 will NOT fit - this isn't an issue for me as I'm going for full custom piping anyway. 2. Without a custom intake manifold (bent upwards to avoid the supercharger), quad throttles will not fit. However, I'll be going for custom stuff anyway, so none of this is that much of an issue. Ideally I'd like to have mine setup with the SC12 and quad throttles, but with enough room behind the SC12 that I could swap it for an SC14 at a later date without changing any piping. Hopefully this will be doable.

I've just been eBay-ing (one of my favourite pastimes), and discovered these t-shirts: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/4age-ae86-aw11-drif...oQQcmdZViewItem. Any of you guys interested in getting some? They're only fairly cheap, and I figure we should be able to get a good deal if we buy a few at once (we'd save on postage at least). Not fussed if none of you are interested - just thought they looked kinda cool - although I wonder if we can get a 4A-GZE version?

adam... u get me a 4age and ill buy a tshirt....

 

failing that. i know of a good CHEAP please to get embriodery done... we could get some good rollaclub shirts ;)

 

i havent got a 4age. i havent got an ae86, and i havent got an aw11.......

 

go figure?

id be up for a gze one.

intercooler arrives 2moz

Hey matt how did u go with the sc12 on the ke70?

adam... u get me a 4age and ill buy a tshirt....

 

failing that. i know of a good CHEAP please to get embriodery done... we could get some good rollaclub shirts ;)

 

Do you mean you want me to buy you a 4A-GE or just source one for you? Cause one I'll do and the other I most definitely won't be doing in a hurry. :bash:

 

As for the t-shirts, I'd be interested in seeing some pricing for embroidered t-shirts. We could get some RollaClub NT ones done. There have meant to be some RollaClub shirts in the works for quite a while now, but nothing's really happened.

 

Shane - I'll get in touch with the seller and see if they can do the GZE ones and how much they'd cost. May give it a miss if Tim's contact can do these embroidered shirts cheaply enough.

 

Another option might be for me to make some myself while I'm in Sydney after Christmas. My dad works for Brother, and I'm pretty certain they've got sewing machines or overlockers that can stitch a design that has been saved to a computer disc. That way we're just paying for some blank shirts and cotton.

Also, I will be going to Sydney & Brisbane just after Christmas. The plan is to drive back from Brisbane in a ute or van, so I may be able to bring parts back (for a minimal fee to cover fuel). No guarantees yet, but when Alley & I have decided for certain I'll let you guys know in case there's anything you want sourced from Brisbane. If you want anything from Sydney it can be done, but will cost extra as I'll have to pay for it to be taken on the plane from Sydney to Brisbane. I'm hoping that I might be able to buy some engines down there, as one of the vehicles I'm looking at hiring has a 1,600kg payload, so I could potential bring a couple of motors back cheaply.

Hi adam how about u go via NSW and melbourne so i can get my rear kit and a spare 4AGZE.......

 

also timmy i hav a 4age for u now buy it off me

shane. urs is fuggered.... i wouldnt trust it ;)

 

adam, the embroidery costs between $18 and $20 but then there the price of the tshirt on top of that. if you can source cheap tshrts (or polos would be good :bash: ) then were set

puk u tim it is not fuked

 

And how about we get cool ones with 4agze and aw11 and mr2 yea thatd be good

Why don't you get a spare 4A-GZE from Brisbane instead??? And a late model one at that. ;) As for the rear kit, I can't be of much help unless it's in Sydney or nearby. And looking more closely, driving from Sydney to Brisbane, then Brisbane to Darwin may actually be an option, as it would only take two days to go Sydney to Brisbane and it's a really nice drive.

shane. urs is fuggered.... i wouldnt trust it ;)

 

adam, the embroidery costs between $18 and $20 but then there the price of the tshirt on top of that. if you can source cheap tshrts (or polos would be good :bash: ) then were set

 

Ouch, $18-20 is a bit more than I expected. Shirts could be bought for about $10-15 (from Best & Less or similar), so basically we're looking at $35 per shirt, which isn't too bad. We'd have to work on a design, but that's not too difficult. I like polos if they're embroidered, with a small logo on the chest and perhaps the web address across the back?

 

If I could source a 4A-GE and a 4A-GZE in Brisbane would you guys be interested? A 4A-GZE engine pack generally costs about $1,500 (I don't think that includes gearbox), and 4A-GE's cost $900-1,300 depending on which version and what's included.

the reason i would get it in melbourne is coz its more or less free to me i think.

i could do with a sc12

If you can get the parts to Brisbane and stored there until January, then I could pick them up and drive them back here for you. As for the SC12, I'm going to work on getting a couple of those as well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.