Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nt Major Discussion

Featured Replies

Wikid I'm planning on entering the dyno shootout at the shannons show this weekend just so i can get a base power figure. I seen the purple/ blue ke 35? coupe yesterday o boy it sounds sweet I'm guesing 4agte, i want that zaust note. will be lookin into cams later on down the track i hope want it to sound tuff.

  • Replies 3.4k
  • Views 283.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As for cams, according to a quote from Ron Scanlan on Phil Bradshaw's page:

 

My old 4AGZE has had the life thrashed out of it for 18 months now and its running just fine. :-) It has 156HP at the wheels, and when I chucked in a couple of 288 deg cams for a laugh it shot up to over 188hp @7000+ The idle sucked unfortunately, and the HP was not in a sensible place, so I took them out.

 

Unfortunately I don't know the exact details on the cams. Oh and this guy was only using a 165mm pulley, so presumably with a larger pulley and cams setup for a 7,500-8,000rpm limit, you could have reasonable torque down low from the s/c, and great power up top with the very high boost and cams. My plan will mean shitty idle and crap power down low, but once the engine comes on cam - lookout! And if it turns out to be too shitty down low, I'll convert to an SC14 for bigger boost down low as well as up high.

Edited by ancullen

i love the low down toque, well and the 6000rpm launches just the way it throws u bak in the seat and the back end dance a lil and your off for the win until the poor mid range lets me down

 

more boost will fix that lol

 

i think we need a good toyota car club goin, like get the nt section of toymods goin.

maybe we should post a thread on boost and get sumthing started either that or an old skool car club.

80's car club ftw!!! There's just not enough people up here interested in being regular RollaClub members. We've got about 15-20 people from the NT that have posted on here and/or been regular members for a while, but then it always dies in the arse.

 

An 80's car club would be cool cause we could cover so many cars that people our age own and do up.

yea that would be kool does that include Ke70 rollas and geminis coz theres 4-5 gem owners dannos 4age rolla wen its done, um my bro has a rx7 (13b Jport) I'm sure we could find more.

 

Or heres an idea my bro down south (dato 1600, L20 soon to be sr20T) is in a club called

OLD SKOOL TOYS

and it seems great maybe we could join part of that up here then we could get tones off people and not restriced to a era or make.

Definitely some nice looking car there. I really think we need a club just for the NT though, cause there's enough clubs being run by people down south. I don't have any issues at all with RollaClub, but BoostCruising is turning to shit - there's one NT moderator and three from down south running the NT section. It sucks arse.

yea theres a few, apparently on there last cruise they had a big bust by cops doing rego checks and stuff, one off the coppas saw my bros car called him foward past the other 20odd cars in front of him and acted all serious just coz he wanted to get a look under the bonnet and check his car out. then was like arr nice car

Unlike darwin coppas that a like heres ur $210 fine piss off n ill stalk to till u stop sumwere

Apparently some cops up here aren't too bad, and I've heard of some occasions where they've been more interested in the car for personal interests rather than professional.

 

Damn it, I put in a bid on a 165mm pulley kit on a whim, but I don't think I'll win it. However if I don't, I've found a brand new 180mm kit that doesn't cost much more. I wasn't planning on going for a pulley kit, but it's cheap power, so I might do it as a short term solution while I save up for the really good bits. That or I'll change my planned rev limit to 7,500-8,000rpm and get different cams to suit it. It might actually be a better solution as I'd maintain a lot more torque in the lower rpm.

it the ae71 going to be street registed???? it better be. cheap power is good i don't see y u wouldnt use a pulley kit can't wait for more boost

AE71 will be street registered for sure. I think a pulley kit might be fun. I'll see what happens with this 165mm pulley kit - if I win it, I'll install it, if not I'll get my suspension work done on the KE55 then buy the 180mm kit just for the hell of it. :sob:

 

180mm is the biggest kit I've ever seen - normally they're 165mm or 176mm. The standard crank pulley is 150mm and the AW11/AE92 s/c pulley is 125mm and the AE92/AE101 version is 120mm. So on my engine the 180mm pulley will spin the s/c at up to 1.5 times engine speed. That's gonna be a LOT of boost. Luckily SC12's aren't too expensive to replace.

Edited by ancullen

Just been looking at modified AW11's. An AW11 with 3S-GTE with about 350rwhp does a 13.88 quarter mile. And an AW11 with 4A-GZE with aftermarket cams, 10psi HKS pulley and some other mods did a 14.34 according to the owner's G-Tech timing. I would have thought the 3S-GTE powered one would have been a lot quicker, but obviously not. Maybe it was wheel-spinnign too much.

kool ill stick with the gze

 

 

So y will my charger get killed from this pulley? and can u link me to the crank pulley kit?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.