Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My plan to take Lola to NT Springworks on Saturday fell through because I'd forgotten to get time off work at Coles. I'm taking it in this coming Saturday instead as I no longer work Saturdays at Coles - doing Monday, Thursday, Friday instead.

Was going to work on the Celica on Sunday, but pulled bits off one of the KE55's instead. Spoke to Gregor (Sbox) who is a local member, but just doesn't post in the NT section (if you're reading this Gregor, feel free to say hello). He is supplying me with an SC12 supercharger, so I'd like to thank him VERY, VERY much! The Celica project shall be awesome now!

I've been eyeing off the 2T-G/3T hybrid in the for sale section of this site. VERY nice, very tempting, very much out of my price range ($2,500). It makes 96rwkw with twin Webers (which don't come with the engine), so imagine what it would be like decompressed somewhat and with an SC12 forcing about 13psi of boost into it. :yes: :yes: :hmm: 150rwkw anyone??? Would definitely be an S2000 eater in the TA22, but I don't have $2,500 to blow on buying an engine. Maybe if the seller drops the price somewhat, but I doubt he'll drop it enough. The engine is in Melbourne, and I would have to get it shipped up here or do a detour to Melbourne during my trip down South in January which is just more money I don't have. Hmm, still very tempting.

Edited by ancullen

If any of you have a crank pulley from a 4A-C sitting around I am most likely going to need one for my Celica engine build-up. There's no rush or anything, just putting the word out in case any of you have a good one. If not I'll just take the one off the AE71 motor and replace it at a later date.

my 4AC doesn't have a crank pulley >_< sorry.

But FWIW, there is a fairly whole KE30 (Pretty sure) at city wreckers. Has 4 hotwire wheels, 13 by 5-6 inches, good chrome, 3K engine, whole bunch of stuff in the actual car. Didn't seem too fancy at all though, but might have ok guards and what not. Oh, had a decent steering wheel too.

No T18's though! :)

Edited by Killswitch

Don't worry too much about the 4A-C crank pulley - I'm sure I'll come across one soon enough.

As for the KE30 - are they selling it as a registerable car or is it just in their yard to take parts off? I don't really need any KE30/55 bits at the moment but if it were a registerable car....

Don't know to be honest, doubt it'd be worth the effort to try road rego it. Didn't seem too bad though, go check it out if you want it's over near all the KEsevs and shiz, to the right (looking from coonawarra rd) Theres also a twincam ae82 with an engine might be your old one shane? :)

This arvo was productive!

DSCF1117%20(Custom).JPG

DSCF1120%20(Medium).JPG

DSCF1115%20(Medium).JPG

Off to see JNL tomorrow and have a chat. Rust in the bores makes me a sad panda :) Ah well, its just more money!

Will attack the head tomorrow too assuming I have the right tools :\