Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you like them apples.....

Damn you. A Toyota water-to-air intercooler is WAY better than having a damn Subie one. Nice find.

that rolla out there this weekend is bloody fast!!! it practically has wings... and wow Shane its umm water to air...

Yeah, the AE82 was doing 1min19's apparently. That's friggin' insane!!!

i need some help I'm wondering if a 4age 20v blacktop goin into a ae92 seca csi is easy and does the c160 gearbox (6speed) fit aswell?? plz help

Hi. Firstly, if you're an NT member, add it to your profile so we can see it. Secondly, if you're not an NT member, do not post in the NT section. Thirdly, even if you are an NT member, this is not the place to post such questions. There is a General Mechanical forum where that question can be asked. Although, you seem to have pissed quite a few people off already, so good luck getting anything answered.

ZOMG I'm IN LOVE THAT RED AE82 IS SEX /drool. 3sge beams edition

I WANT IT

3S-GE BEAMS? I wondered what was under the bonnet (they never had it open while I was around). VERY nice!!!

The best time recorded for the AE82 (or SE82 I suppose) is 1min 20.8774. That's still insanely quick though, especially when the lap record for an Improved Production car is apparently 1min 17 and isn't counted as the car had been using illegal fuel during that year. Dave Cheetam officially holds the record of a 1min 19 in his RX3.

I just got an email from someone asking for cars to be displayed at Darwin Turf Club on July 21. They're looking for vehicles that would appeal to people aged 18-30 to try and draw a younger crowd to their Derby Day. Whilst I realise not many Corollas are quite ready to be displayed, I figured I'd put the word out in case you guys know anyone who might be interested. Free entry to the Derby Day will be given to the driver of each car, and the cars will be required from around 11.30am to 4pm on Saturday July 21. PM or email me if you're interested or know someone else who is.

In happier news, due to the twin carb setup sale falling through, I have now bought a 2T-GEU EFI setup. As I've now found out that cams & pistons and other bits to improve 2T-G's are pretty expensive, I'm instead going to build a 13T-GZEU - that's right, I'm supercharging the beast. :y: Someone in NZ has already built a 2T-GZEU before (with an SC12 supercharger). The SC14 doesn't fit, so I'll be doing the same, except I'll have the advantage of a bigger capacity engine. Plus the guy that built the 2T-GZEU thinks he used a standard 4A-GE crank pulley - that means it was running less boost than a 4A-GZE (120mm pulley vs. 150mm). With the supercharger on the engine, he went from 70rwhp to 130rwhp - that's before he intercooled it! My plan is to use the SC12 with an aftermarket crank pulley to give me 13-14psi of boost - and I will definitely be intercooling. With this setup I'm hoping to get 170+rwhp, which is far more than I'd planned on having in this car, and will definitely be enough for me. :dance:

Thought I'd pop in and say hello. Work on the rollas is slowly happening... slowly. Stripping the AE71, should be done by tomorrow. Gotta build an engine in the next week or two, thats pretty damn daunting. :dance:

Will the SC12 flow enough air for the larger capacity engine? Why can't you fit a SC14? Sounds good though!

Oh yeah, I've got some AE71 panels/lights and shiz if you need any Adam?

The SC12 should be fine - the maximum capacity I would be taking the engine to would be 1897cc. An SC14 would be better, but they apparently don't fit. :dance:

And I don't need any AE71 panels at the moment. My AE71 is actually in pretty good condition, with only very small patches of very minor rust.

And it turns out that a member of RollaClub has actually built a 2T-GZEU before, so I'll be hitting him up for as much info as I can get. :y: