Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm all for fitting the brakes on Shane's AW11.

As for turboing Stephen's AE82, it would take too long for you to get the money to get all the parts together. Also, the idea of the group projects is that we do something that will only take a day. We get together and get something significant, but not impossible done. Fitting a turbo should be left to the pro's.

I was thinking more along the lines of giving Andrew a hand with the AE71 for Project #3. And maybe for #4, we could look at doing some stuff with the KE55 ready for racing next year. Depends on how and when I can source the parts I need. :D

I'm hoping to weld in a cage of sorts ready for next year. Also got to fit the racing seat and harness. I'm also going to lower the back end and fit the rear swaybar and new shocks all around. And I'm hoping to do some stuff with the brakes, but that requires quite a few more parts. Maybe I'll just get the master cylinder and Commodore pads fitted.

Edited by ancullen

Sounds good to me. The other option is that we could do some work on the shell. Fix up the rust, spray on a bit of undercoat, etc. It's really up to you Andrew, so long as it's something reasonable we can all expect to get done in a day. I'm keen if everyone else is.

So the list is:

Project #1: Fit Gregor's 4A-GE

Project #2: Fit Shane's ST185 brakes

Project #3: Work on Andrew's AE71

:D

What about me.... It isn't fair....

As if I would trust you guys with turboing the corolla lol. Would turn out like Bilals excel :) hehe

Just got to think of what to do with the rolla for the rollaclub effort :lolcry: can't think of anything tis perfect :D

Edited by Pure-SX

i willbe down weighbridge next weekend if it gets rego yays. I can't wait to see how much my car weighs.

drift chalange steve? I'll enter the next drift meeting at Hidden Valley if you do.

EDIT: There is to be NO discussion of illegal activities on RollaClub.

Edited by ancullen

Lol I might pop down, the coppers have been blitzing like you wouldnt believe, they had weighbridge filled with the po po from like 11pm to about 3am after the street drags on the 26th lol

JISM is farked anywho, even if they are D&T.

Hi-tech ftmfw bruss

Edited by Pure-SX

Mmm, sound insulation is nice for road cars. Waste of time for track cars though.

I wish I had sponsorship for the KE55 so I could buy the cams I want. They're $850 (plus postage from the UK). They're 284-degree, 11.65mm lift cams. They should be enough for my 4A-GZE. Apparently on an appropriately worked 4A-GE they make 190+hp. So they should be good for at least 240hp on my 4A-GZE. With the added boost, increased compression, MUCH bigger valves and other modifications I'd ideally like to come close to 300hp (at the engine), or 160+kW at the wheels.