Formula Ford Or V8's

mitch13

Hey all,

Its my birthday today and I got a voucher from red balloon for a driving day of my choice. There is a lot to choose from but I have narrowed it down to Formula Fords and V8 race prepared cars. They are basically the same day in different cars and I'm not sure which out of these to pick. Or another one I just looked at is V8 dirt buggies.

Anybody who has done these driving days or driven these cars please help me to decide.

Thanks, Mitch.

Edited by mitch13

Members dont see this ad

A workmate did the V8 supercar drive at Calder. He said they are highly modified, but not to the highest quality of the real cars. You can't go flat out though! Infact they barely got into 4th gear and was only about 160-180km/h.

I would be going for the Formula Ford option for the reason Colin stated above.

Yeh I was leaning towards the formula fords but thought it might be just like driving a go kart where as the V8s would be closer to a real racing experience.

The V8 dirt buggies look pretty fun to just by the opening two words, drift and air haha. I think you would be more free to thrash the buggies aswell.

Thanks for the input so far!

I have driven the V8's at Calder Park. It's great fun. To start with, you get to take it to 4000rpm in 4th and if your instructor thinks your good enough, you'll get to take it to 5000rpm. The cars are highly modified Commodores and Monaros running the full race body kits, approx 400hp 5.0L V8's (weak I know, but they've got to last a lot longer than the race engines), supercar suspension, supercar brakes, full cage, 5 point harness, but still have a 5 stud pattern on the V8 style wheels and the stock (SS) dash. Don't know if the V8's in Sydney are the same or not, but I have heard that they have the Falcon as well as Commodores. v8race for Sydney or fastrackracing for Melbourne/Adelaide