Ke70 Weird Tires...

Shadex

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey man, ae86 panhard rod is the same as ke70, but ke70 one will be easier to find.

if you intend on lowering your car, id suggest getting an adjustable one (100$ on ebay, whiteline). since you need a new one as it is...

the difference is only a few mm yes, but if you get wheels that sit very close to the rear guards, a few mm can mean the difference between scraping like a bugger, or driving nice and smooth. pluss the new bushes that come with the panhard will make it a little stiffer in the rear.

as for the springs, pretty much any falcon from AU down (not the uber old ones, i think its EB-AU) will fit in, as long as the spring is about 6" wide (just measure yours and make sure its the same diameter)

AU falcon is the one to get though, as they are the last model that will fit, and therefore will have the newest/best condition springs.

try and get springs out of one of the bigger models, is it fairmont?. the one used for limo's and stuff. they are stiffer springs than standard falcons.

i got some springs from a 1989 falcon (whatever model that is) and they are waaayy to soft. <--- just some trivia

hope this helps

last note: before you do anything, go and buy a hydraulic jack, and some jack stands. best thing you can buy for your car :D

Problem solverd :P Whent to the wreckers today.. and they didn't have any .. so went to another place they didn't either.. so i thought well fine.. so i went to AJPS and got a Adjustable one.. and my AU springs while I'm at it :D So now i just need some for the front and some new shocks for front and I'm good to go..

But since i got the rear springs and shocks done today its been so much better..

Now i gotta start working on this power issue we have ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you've been driving round with that panard rod, you will probably have shagged all the control arm bushes, they're only designed to run straight, not at that stuffed up angle, better go to a suspension shop and get them checked, it doesnt sound like your experianced enough to check them yourself, but if they are damaged and let go, you'll be driving sideways unexpectedly in a hurry one day, definate brown pants moment!