Done

curly

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest update, 4 new 1000cc bosch injectors, fabricated fuel rail, downloaded a tune from a 530hp hilux upped the boost to 25psi and test drive, havent been on the dyno yet but I'm guessing about 450rw which is a bit more than 3rd can take, oh well ive got 2 more left

Edited by curly

so does that mean after those 2 gearboxes you'll be going with the t56 you mentioned way back?

also tempted to try catch your quarter times once i got the bpt done :jamie:

you need to do another quarter run with all this extra power you got now man :)

so does that mean after those 2 gearboxes you'll be going with the t56 you mentioned way back?

also tempted to try catch your quarter times once i got the bpt done :jamie:

you need to do another quarter run with all this extra power you got now man :)

Give the 1/4 a go, i never thought it would stop there, undecided with a box? auto, r154 t56 ????, i'll give another run a miss till i get it sorted and back on the dyno, hoping for about 500 @ 30psi, it was always a bit nuts now its stupid but a lot of fun

Auto would be insanely quick. Especially for straight line. I love my manuals though personally :jamie:

Also I think dad was saying something about going to qld sometime soon. So might see if I can go with him and will have to come meet you and come for a spin in this beast :)

Usually for the drags 3spd's are usually considered too bulky and 1st gear is too short. But I'm sure Rod would know this >|

However, I'm more then certain this thing has more than enough torque to handle a spinning a powerglide on the street.

Then again, a Trimatic SHOULD fit in the tunnel without mods, seeing as the 55's had them as the auto option.

Usually for the drags 3spd's are usually considered too bulky and 1st gear is too short. But I'm sure Rod would know this >|

However, I'm more then certain this thing has more than enough torque to handle a spinning a powerglide on the street.

Then again, a Trimatic SHOULD fit in the tunnel without mods, seeing as the 55's had them as the auto option.

if i was going to use an auto it would be a manualised jatco but I'm stuck with the size tyres i have cos I'm not going to lip or flare and I'm not going to use slicks so for all round i think ill just sort out the manual

• 1 month later...

Added up the cost of mine to date, all up $12660 but that includes building the ke30 that got wrecked, all thats left is sort the gearbox but cost wise thats covered, paint and panel and retune, which is the only thing i can,t do myself, not to bad for a 400hp low 11sec street car