5k Into Ke15

Felix

the SUs are nice looking, if somewhat of a pain in the ass to setup.

Peter, how did you have the return springs setup when they were on your ke20? i'm thinking that each carb needs one as well as the central linkage. there is to much play in the linkages atm. also the throttle pedal is way soft.

post-20-1097758105.jpg

Edited by Felix

Members dont see this ad

the problem with the exhaust leak was caused by the SU manifold flange being thicker than the extractor flange. i will fix it later, as well as set the SUs up a bit better before putting them back on.

for the time being i have put my 32/32 DGV weber back on. the carb was pretty well setup for the last engine and runs well with the new 5k. if anything it is a bit on the small side in the upper rev region (has 23/24 mm venturis). i will put the 28/36 DCD weber on in the next day or two as it is less restrictive (25/27 mm venturis).

the car goes really well. so much more grunt than the 4k. i wasted a new camry sportivo VVT-I 3 times. the guy wasn't to happy. i thought he would have given up on the second go. the last time from a set of lights i gave it everything and could comfortably change lanes in front of him by the end of second, even with him getting a slight jump on me. as i hit 3rd my car had a big splutter, i had run the float bowl dry. i have finally found the limit of the standard mechanical fuel pumps.

i have a much "bigger" fuel pump and regulator in the pipeline to take care of future planned mods ;)09

was kinda funny.

i wrapped him up, then it was like i turned off the key the way it sorta just stopped in a hurry as i hit 3rd. i had to pull off to the side of the road and pump the accelerator a bit to keep it running. i thought initially i broke something :) , but then noticed my A/F meter was reading L for off the scale lean.

whew, did i breath a sigh of relief.

Another Post.

I'm glad rob gave you some pics cause I'm damned if I remember.

Naa na na na naaa, told you the SU's were a pain to setup.

And if I recall correctly Quote "the 5K's weren't as good as a good 4K" was a while ago and I may be wrong?

Give me a call.

Naa na na na naaa, told you the SU's were a pain to setup.

yea,

the bottom back nut on the last SU is a pain, undoing and doing it up a 1/12 of a turn at a time. think i am going to redesign that bloody heatshield, to make it 2 piece or something. would make life soo much easier.

arghh! i stripped a manifold stud when i did the carb changeover. this was putting the last nut on after swapping to the downdraught manifold. :sad: wasn't too happy. fortunately it was the second stud back on the head and i could get it out with locking pliers.

And if I recall correctly Quote "the 5K's weren't as good as a good 4K" was a while ago and I may be wrong?

haha. depends on how they are setup :)

it is nice with a 5k, not having to rev the coit out of it to get going, compared to a similarly developed 4k. makes power so much easier.