Ae112r Sportivo Stolen

Terminal

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd put some feelers out. My 2001 AE112R Sportivo was stolen last night some time after midnight. They broke into the house and took the spare keys and made off with the car and my wallet. I'm in Bathurst but it had 3/4 tank of fuel, so it could be anywhere within 400km. Licence plate NSW - BDE-85U

It's a pretty unique corolla, they're the gold ones with the bodykit: raised wing, front spoiler with driving lights, side skirts. Has Sportivo badge on the rear hatch and Turbo stickers on the qtr panels.

It's got a baby capsule in the back seat and window socks on the rear windows. winnie the pooh window shades on the rear hatch and a shrek "baby on board" sitcker. It has black with pink trim 'breast cancer association' car seats. (Yes it was my girlfriends car, but I own it, don't laugh)

ANywho, if anyone sees a car like it give me a yell. there were only 100 of these cars made so it shouldn't be too hard to spot.

Thanks

Leshy

Members dont see this ad

Since they obviously knew were to find the keys, have you entertained the thought that it may have been somebody you have welcomed into your home befor!?

The reason I ask is I had somebody steal the keys to my RX4 - I knew who it was, and we was let into the house by my flat mate at the time. Luckily the car was taken, but I had to change all the locks and alarm etc.

Sorry to hear mate. Hopefully it turns up soon in 1 piece after the theives had a joy ride. Really sux to think, but sorta prepare yourself for the worse, you'll most likely get a call from the cops saying they've found it burnt out like the last car my mate had stolen.

OH NO!!!!! I hope you get the car back, and I hope the **&*%* bastards get what's coming to them...

keep us posted...

a similar thing happened to a guy here in adelaide, they broke into his house and randsacked it, stole the keys and his wallet (among other things) then they rolled the car down the street and took off (his car was an R33 Skyline) it got found a week later by a member of a car forum who had seen that it was stolen.... post it up on as many sites as possible...

Lesley :D

Edited by SoulSearcher

Since they obviously knew were to find the keys, have you entertained the thought that it may have been somebody you have welcomed into your home befor!?

The reason I ask is I had somebody steal the keys to my RX4 - I knew who it was, and we was let into the house by my flat mate at the time. Luckily the car was taken, but I had to change all the locks and alarm etc.

Sorry to hear mate. Hopefully it turns up soon in 1 piece after the theives had a joy ride. Really sux to think, but sorta prepare yourself for the worse, you'll most likely get a call from the cops saying they've found it burnt out like the last car my mate had stolen.

We haven't had anyone in the house who we didn't know personally. They took the spare key which we keep next to the phone in the kitchen. I guess they just grabbed the first thing they saw which was the key and my wallet and took off with the car, nothing else has been touched.

It's not like they can sell it for drugs or anything, it's a car. I don't understand why people steal cars, there wasn't anything good in it and it was as stock as corollas get. The neighbours said they saw someone dodgy driving slowly down our street in a suzuki swift yesterday so they might have been scoping out the neighbourhood.

Edited by Terminal

• 3 months later...

We got the car back from the mechanics last week. They took the spare tyre, jack and toolkit, so now we're short one alloy wheel. the smash repairer said they can't get another wheel to match, so we have to get a steel wheel instead. the alarm is playing up and the battery keeps going flat. the drivers door panel is still smashed too. I don't know what these smash repairers actually repaired but it's a shithouse job.