• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parts are all ready for a late 300k service and tidy up, just gotta get an oil filter.

Exhaust gasket, timing belt kit (belt, crank seal & tensioner), cam seals, rear crank seal, brand new crank gear incase the other needs to be broken off, brand new flex plate bolts, a 2nd hand heater hose and the spring I took off the tensioner when I put the engine in.

(sorry bout crap phone photo, camera has diarrhoea)

post-1373-1279728687_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Parts are all ready for a late 300k service and tidy up, just gotta get an oil filter.

Exhaust gasket, timing belt kit (belt, crank seal & tensioner), cam seals, rear crank seal, brand new crank gear incase the other needs to be broken off, brand new flex plate bolts, a 2nd hand heater hose and the spring I took off the tensioner when I put the engine in.

Today is the day :lolcry:

Drove the car onto the hoist at 10:10

post-1373-1280598872_thumb.jpg

1hr later

post-1373-1280598976_thumb.jpg

was pumped until I stopped for lunch and talked shit for a while and then I got tired as hell started to stuff ass about (wish I had not), only hiccup of the day was the supplied front crank seal was wrong so I got one from aussie auto.

Was good to fix the issues it had and to have a heater again, ended up driving it out of the workshop at 8pm.

Edited by Trev

It:

STARTS

RUNS

DRIVES

I'm as jealous as all hell !. This is exactly what I wanted to do to mine.

Keep me posted on how that auto holds up. VERY interested.

It will be in there for 2 years in December, I drive it like a manual and give it hell like rolling start 6k neutral drops, it is still in there :lolcry:

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier in the week I finally fixed the constant running of the thermo fan by bypassing the A/C pressure switch (A/C removed in conversion), it had been doing my head in for a while as I had tried continuity to plugs from the temp switch and checked the relay's, after talking to Justin (med man) the other day he suggested to do a continuity test again but instead I got some fuse wire and just bridged the plug I thought it was and the fan stopped. It has now been plugged using the pressure switch plug looped back into itself.

And today I got around to fitting the intake air temp sensor since the series 3 does not have it in the plenum but has it in the airbox, I got one out of a camry so hopefully it will be better on fuel consumption.

EDIT: Spelling, this keyboard is really annoying me now.

Edited by Trev

• 3 months later...

Little update, had to pull the pillow mounts apart so I could re-pack them and decided that I was sick of the lightweight of the front end making it unsafe due to the front being a tad higher than the rear so I lopped a coil off, the car now sits level, doesn't feel sketchy and is getting full contact of the tyres instead of just the outside.

And before anyone says, yes it is illegal but unlike some people I actually did this due to safety and I had to compress the springs again to put them in.

I also ordered a dizzy rebuild kit which should be here this week.