Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trev's Ae82 Csx 4age Auto Seca

Featured Replies

  • Author
Good work mate, sounds like alot of work, so how did you get a LSD diff?

 

I didn't, I think that the diff just torque locks or it is broken, it only started doing doubles when I put the GE in it.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Views 68.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Parts are all ready for a late 300k service and tidy up, just gotta get an oil filter.

 

Exhaust gasket, timing belt kit (belt, crank seal & tensioner), cam seals, rear crank seal, brand new crank gear incase the other needs to be broken off, brand new flex plate bolts, a 2nd hand heater hose and the spring I took off the tensioner when I put the engine in.

 

(sorry bout crap phone photo, camera has diarrhoea)

 

post-1373-1279728687_thumb.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Parts are all ready for a late 300k service and tidy up, just gotta get an oil filter.

 

Exhaust gasket, timing belt kit (belt, crank seal & tensioner), cam seals, rear crank seal, brand new crank gear incase the other needs to be broken off, brand new flex plate bolts, a 2nd hand heater hose and the spring I took off the tensioner when I put the engine in.

 

Today is the day :lolcry:

  • Author

Drove the car onto the hoist at 10:10

post-1373-1280598872_thumb.jpg

 

1hr later

post-1373-1280598976_thumb.jpg

 

was pumped until I stopped for lunch and talked shit for a while and then I got tired as hell started to stuff ass about (wish I had not), only hiccup of the day was the supplied front crank seal was wrong so I got one from aussie auto.

 

Was good to fix the issues it had and to have a heater again, ended up driving it out of the workshop at 8pm.

Edited by Trev

I'm as jealous as all hell !. This is exactly what I wanted to do to mine.

Keep me posted on how that auto holds up. VERY interested.

  • Author
It:

 

STARTS

RUNS

DRIVES

 

 

I'm as jealous as all hell !. This is exactly what I wanted to do to mine.

Keep me posted on how that auto holds up. VERY interested.

 

It will be in there for 2 years in December, I drive it like a manual and give it hell like rolling start 6k neutral drops, it is still in there :lolcry:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Earlier in the week I finally fixed the constant running of the thermo fan by bypassing the A/C pressure switch (A/C removed in conversion), it had been doing my head in for a while as I had tried continuity to plugs from the temp switch and checked the relay's, after talking to Justin (med man) the other day he suggested to do a continuity test again but instead I got some fuse wire and just bridged the plug I thought it was and the fan stopped. It has now been plugged using the pressure switch plug looped back into itself.

 

And today I got around to fitting the intake air temp sensor since the series 3 does not have it in the plenum but has it in the airbox, I got one out of a camry so hopefully it will be better on fuel consumption.

 

EDIT: Spelling, this keyboard is really annoying me now.

Edited by Trev

Hi trev, could you tell me roughly how much your crank timing gear was? Cos i sorta broke mine getting it off :D Thanks, Luke.

  • Author
Hi trev, could you tell me roughly how much your crank timing gear was? Cos i sorta broke mine getting it off :D Thanks, Luke.

 

I think it was $37, do you have the part number?

Yeah, ive got a downloaded workshop manual with all toyota part numbers. was yours a genuine part?

  • Author
Yeah, ive got a downloaded workshop manual with all toyota part numbers. was yours a genuine part?

 

Yeah it was, have not seen them as an aftermarket part, I got it from road and track.

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Little update, had to pull the pillow mounts apart so I could re-pack them and decided that I was sick of the lightweight of the front end making it unsafe due to the front being a tad higher than the rear so I lopped a coil off, the car now sits level, doesn't feel sketchy and is getting full contact of the tyres instead of just the outside.

 

And before anyone says, yes it is illegal but unlike some people I actually did this due to safety and I had to compress the springs again to put them in.

 

I also ordered a dizzy rebuild kit which should be here this week.

Yeah, most people forget that cut springs + short stroke shocks will not upset your handling at all, and after 2 hours of paddock bashing with snapped shocks on Beigey without loosing a spring I really think it's a bit of a joke.

  • Author

Different if they were cut so they were floppy, only a temp thing until I put the TC gear in.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.