greenmac80

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man its up to you but I would seriously be doing it the way I did mine, with little tiny tacks, your just putting way too much heat into and making the body weaker.

I'm not paying you out or anything I'm just trying to help you out ;)

Your welds arnt too bad, are you still using gasless though?

Travis

yeah still gasless. the floor pan is thicker so its weldin pretty well. i'm not doing it in small section in various areas.

once some are joined i do one quick run over the top. good enough i reckon the heat doesn't seam to be a problem the floor pan isn't warping or anything.

ryan yeah i could possibly be interested but you'd need to take engine out etc. so i could whackit on my rotisserie.

haha douggie. nah not using those tinted windows ne more.

gonna jst get some of the best glass i got polish em and then either bolle tint or midnight express. get it done proper.

oh and its 'Luc'

hey you want that grill or what? or you got one now?

Ahh, sorry sir. :bash:

Umm, i don't know, the one i have looks good, but is missing the top insert.

Has yours got the top insert.

Will post the new grill in my thread, see if yours is any better?

i don't know what u mean by insert? but i reckon that ones looks better. i guess i'm gonna have to put the grill in the bin.

ok thanks to ryan i now have the hole filled in. jst gotta finish weldin it.

also i've my oil pump pressure spring re set to increase oil pressure.

and i have some cool mods coming this wkend hopefully.

27082009793.jpg

car is goin thru engineering this will all be part of it if its not legal. but it should be fine.

the plan is to use a wagons or utes trye strap thingo.

also where the plate is there are gonna be two rhs braces running from chassis rail to chassis rail.

the reason for doing it is so i could make my stereo install semi permanent. i have an intank pump so i only have to worry about finiding somewhere for the surge tank.

so plan is 12" sub in the centre of the boot. amp either side on custom made wall. and two 'doors' either side of the car to hide the battery and the surge tank.

i just hated it when i had subs before. i got a flat and having to pull the stero out was a pain. now i can make the install without worrying about accsessability.

I'll drop round tomorrow and drop off the Front engine cover.

Like i said today, with the condition the standard oil pump gears are in now. I wouldnt go spending more money on another one. Apart from 2 tiny blemishs (1 on the inner and 1 on the outer gear) everything is perfect. Tolerances are super tight.

Also made up the 2 pieces of angle for the radiator support. RHS should hopefully be in tomorrow, so if it does rock up you'll have them tomorrow aswel.