Stolen Xr8

67Rolla-Ken

Howdy all. A mate from work just had his new (2005-07 not sure) XR8 Falcon stolen from Wattle Grove last night. It is Metallic Blood Orange and has silver boss stickers on the bonnet. The plates are [1CKI 739]. The car is not insured, and had his daughters christmas presents in the back! If everyone could keep an eye out for this it would be much appreciated.

Members dont see this ad

That's really bad news..... hope they get it back some time soon, the people that steal cars are shits, especially when they do it this close to christmas.

slightly off topic: why don't people insure their cars? That way when it's stolen you're covered and most insurance policies cover a small amount of contents too....

Lesley

slightly off topic: why don't people insure their cars? That way when it's stolen you're covered and most insurance policies cover a small amount of contents too....

Lesley

Some of our cars can't be replaced by an insurance company handing over cash....How do you put a cash value on the memories and hours spent fixing/modifying a vehicle. Having insurance on my car would not ease my pain at all if it was stolen.

It's also not easy to get insurance on every car for everybody...I was 17, just got my license and driving a V8 Falcon, do you think anyone would insure me? Not likely...

I for one have saved money by not having insurance thus far

yeah as far as my insurance goes is to cover if i hit someone because I'm 17 and full comp insurance is more expensive than the car is worth, i mean the thing is worth so much more to me but the insurance would never give me more than prolly 2 bucks for the thing. lol.

its a pity that the morones trashed the car but at least he got it back... *hope the presents were all good still! woulda been terrible to ruin christmas for his little girl!

Some of our cars can't be replaced by an insurance company handing over cash....How do you put a cash value on the memories and hours spent fixing/modifying a vehicle. Having insurance on my car would not ease my pain at all if it was stolen.

It's also not easy to get insurance on every car for everybody...I was 17, just got my license and driving a V8 Falcon, do you think anyone would insure me? Not likely...

I for one have saved money by not having insurance thus far

You say you save money not getting insured and its your pride and joy, but what ehappens if you hit someone lses pride and joy worth 50K??? Then you spend 30 years paying it off. At least get third party. it cost me 500 bux and I have writen off a car and I was only 18 at the time.

I know that If I got hit by someone and they didnt have insurance I wouldnt be happy.

I know that If I got hit by someone and they didnt have insurance I wouldnt be happy.

i got hit by a bus. and their insurance did nothing about it. wasnt my fault but i was just on my p's so even if i argued it i woulda lost.

but 13th i get to go get it fixed =]

• 1 month later...