December 20, 200718 yr comment_215961 Howdy all. A mate from work just had his new (2005-07 not sure) XR8 Falcon stolen from Wattle Grove last night. It is Metallic Blood Orange and has silver boss stickers on the bonnet. The plates are [1CKI 739]. The car is not insured, and had his daughters christmas presents in the back! If everyone could keep an eye out for this it would be much appreciated. Report
December 20, 200718 yr comment_216058 That's really bad news..... hope they get it back some time soon, the people that steal cars are shits, especially when they do it this close to christmas. slightly off topic: why don't people insure their cars? That way when it's stolen you're covered and most insurance policies cover a small amount of contents too.... Lesley Report
December 20, 200718 yr comment_216090 my guess would be he couldnt afford it or he just bought the car and hadnt sorted out the insurance yet. but that is bad news. ill keep an eye out for an orange xr8 just in case. Report
December 21, 200718 yr comment_216211 i bet it was a bunch of crack heads. fukn hate those c**ts. Report
December 27, 200718 yr Author comment_216788 Car has been found, and theif caught. Was involved in some ram raids, a high speed chase. Than the moron parked it out the front of his house!! A fair bit of damage, and thrashed, but better than nothing. Report
December 28, 200718 yr comment_216945 Did he ask to be left alone with the guy for 20mins to explain why its not a good idea to steal someones pride an joy,i sure would. F**ken theiving a**holes!!! Go get a job and buy your own shit!!! Report
December 28, 200718 yr comment_217053 thats good the prick got caught. did ur mate get it all covered under insurance and whatever? hope so. Report
January 1, 200818 yr comment_217664 slightly off topic: why don't people insure their cars? That way when it's stolen you're covered and most insurance policies cover a small amount of contents too.... Lesley Some of our cars can't be replaced by an insurance company handing over cash....How do you put a cash value on the memories and hours spent fixing/modifying a vehicle. Having insurance on my car would not ease my pain at all if it was stolen. It's also not easy to get insurance on every car for everybody...I was 17, just got my license and driving a V8 Falcon, do you think anyone would insure me? Not likely... I for one have saved money by not having insurance thus far Report
January 1, 200818 yr comment_217677 yeah as far as my insurance goes is to cover if i hit someone because I'm 17 and full comp insurance is more expensive than the car is worth, i mean the thing is worth so much more to me but the insurance would never give me more than prolly 2 bucks for the thing. lol. its a pity that the morones trashed the car but at least he got it back... *hope the presents were all good still! woulda been terrible to ruin christmas for his little girl! Report
January 2, 200818 yr comment_217701 Some of our cars can't be replaced by an insurance company handing over cash....How do you put a cash value on the memories and hours spent fixing/modifying a vehicle. Having insurance on my car would not ease my pain at all if it was stolen. It's also not easy to get insurance on every car for everybody...I was 17, just got my license and driving a V8 Falcon, do you think anyone would insure me? Not likely... I for one have saved money by not having insurance thus far You say you save money not getting insured and its your pride and joy, but what ehappens if you hit someone lses pride and joy worth 50K??? Then you spend 30 years paying it off. At least get third party. it cost me 500 bux and I have writen off a car and I was only 18 at the time. I know that If I got hit by someone and they didnt have insurance I wouldnt be happy. Report
January 2, 200818 yr comment_217711 I know that If I got hit by someone and they didnt have insurance I wouldnt be happy. i got hit by a bus. and their insurance did nothing about it. wasnt my fault but i was just on my p's so even if i argued it i woulda lost. but 13th i get to go get it fixed =] Report
January 2, 200818 yr comment_217746 Was is A Transperth Bus??? and were there any witnesses??? Thats pretty screwed. Report
January 3, 200818 yr comment_217978 doubt it was a transperth bus cos he seems to be located in brisbane :yes: Report
February 6, 200818 yr Author comment_226004 This car is now back on the road (or will be by the end of today). The owner did most of the repairs and sourced all the parts, cost him ~$3k to fix!! I was sure it would cost well over $5k! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now