Ae71 Track Car Project

fusion

Fisher and myself have decided to have a little fun with an AE71 Spirit. Firstly made possible by Fisher getting another daily (RA40 Celica).

The stripping has been done, with the cleaning still happening (got to love getting rid of lovely fur and glue :P) and also a few more electrical wires and bolts to be taken out, but we would rather take our time on that side.

The motor will be a 2TG, which has plans for a full rebuild with porting, shaving, racing cams, fuel injection and a supercharger. At the moment it looks like an Eaton M45 S/C will be adapted to be suitable for the 2TG with no intercooler as this stage. Extractors are already equipped, just need to make a 'straight through' pipe to suit.

All struts are getting custom coilover kits and custom springs with a brake upgrade by Fishers old man. Still considering options on that front, however currently the rear diff and brake setup is from a TA22 Celica. However we are considering maybe using an MA61 diff.

Rear panhad rod and strut brace will also be custom made and fully adjustable. Front strut brace will be bought from AJPS most likely at this stage.

It looks like a half cage will go in (talking to a couple of company's about a setup recently) with a Velo racing seat and harness to suit.

After all the body work is done it will also be getting a full respray.

It will slowly come together over the next few months and shall be quite a learning experience for the both of us :P

Cheers . . . Fisher and Fusion

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats correct, The 2TG is already in the car and running. Have had a dyno run recently and managed to get 131kw at the wheels.

Just a few pictures of what it used to look like.

9.jpg

1.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

These Pictures were taken quite a while ago but yeah, that is what it looked like.

I'll take some more pictures next time i see it!

can't wait to really get stuck into the project.

Nice project. What mods are in the 2TG to get to 131kw? :P

+1

My mate will certainly be interested to see what was done to double the standard engine output, The only difference i can see is carbies and extractors so they must be some good internal mods :P

BTW his is a 2tgeu in a t18 track/rally car.

I' not sure about internals, because my dad looked after all that.

But,

Carbies,

Extractors,

Electronic Ignition,

Electric Fan setup,

No air con

Currently Running Ethanol.

Are just a few things I know that have been done to it :P

Edit: Just asked dad

New rings,

New bearings,

Machined head,

Full Balanced,

Set deck for 10.5-1 Comp Ratio

Edited by Fisher

Its a fun car to drive in and shall be even funner with the mods added to the engine / chassis, but heres a little clip that a mate took while Fisher was driving (and I think it was even wet). Sounds alot better in real life :P

Pictures will be taken Wednesday to show some progress . . . hopefully.

rolla1.jpg

Drivers side of the car with a little bog, (needs a wash)

rolla2.jpg

Passenger rear door replaced

rolla3.jpg

Passenger Front guard replaced, ( my bonnet needs a good wash :P)

rolla4.jpg

All carpet and Rear seats out!

rolla5.jpg

Still to take out some door Trims and some of the dash ( or all of it )

rolla6.jpg

Nothing New atm accept the oil catch can and battery terminals that aren't in the pictures.

Going to do more on wednesday!

Catchya.

Its called the difference between 10 kg's, and going deaf.

last time we measured in a mates corolla and it was roughly 22kg. and the sound is seriously bearable imo.

If your refering to all the fuzzy shit in the car, Yeah thats still to come out :drgrim:

no I'm refering to the tar that covers the inside of your car...