Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

'81 Ke55 Sedan *rust-rolla*

Featured Replies

Dunno what paint to use now, where should I go? The colour code is BC, but how should I do the touch up. I have a spray gun + compresser and all, but might just buy a can or two, if I can get matching colours. Anyone reccomend a place?

 

Cheers

 

Paint supplies at hendon will have all the gear you need, the car originally was painted with acrylic.

The paint can be mixed to your code then finely adjusted to match any fading. be prepared though its about $50 per litre.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Paint supplies at hendon will have all the gear you need, the car originally was painted with acrylic.

The paint can be mixed to your code then finely adjusted to match any fading. be prepared though its about $50 per litre.

 

Gee, thats heavy on the pockets..

 

Has anyone had any experience with touch up sprays?

 

If i went to paint supplies would I be able to get somthing cheaper?

Maybe go down to supercheap with your paint code and match it? you can buy touch up cans from there,

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author

Hey guys. Finally all the body work is done. Did a quick prime in grey, but will be rubbing it back and using a white primer once we get the paint mixed up.

 

Undercoat - http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...03022008289.jpg

 

And some more undercoat - http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...03022008288.jpg

 

The car came with 4 wheels in the boot, so I cleaned them up and sprayed em - http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...03022008279.jpg

 

Oh, my bumper is shiny and straight again - http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...03022008285.jpg

 

Cheers

Keep up the good work fella, if you keep going at the pace you have been, this thing will be on the road in no time!

 

cheers phatke30!

Edited by phatke30

I am slowly in the process of doing rust repairs at the moment. Though I can only do it on some weekends which sort of sucks. As my car is at a different house. It's starting to look good buddy, Keep up the good work ;)

  • Author

Well. After a long day at work yesterday,

 

and a short day at work today |blink|

 

Have finally finished the body work. All up, for paint + primer it cost me $60, and for bog and what not else. $30.

 

So, my body job is done. Oh, and wheels are done all for $100. I'm pretty happy.

 

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...an/P1010251.jpg - Bodywork

 

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...an/P1010250.jpg - Bodywork

 

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...an/P1010252.jpg - Bodywork

 

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...an/P1010245.jpg - Wheels

 

**Might have to refer to some other pics to see what they looked like before, so here is the album with all the pics**

 

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...20KE55%20Sedan/ - Album

 

I have some seat covers coming soon, and I have a new parcel shelf made and fabricated, with some Pioneer 2 ways installed.

 

The interior will have a clean over the next few days, vaccum, wash, dust, etc.

 

Wheels will go on tomorrow.

 

Muffler will be installed properly, and mounted with rubber mounts, (Have to cut a bit out of the body so it sits nicely, you'll see what I mean)

 

And then finally, a wash, cut and polish. And I'm done, for now anyway.

Edited by sixsixone

Well done, it has come up good, what sort of paint did You end up using?

  • Author
Well done, it has come up good, what sort of paint did You end up using?

 

A can from some place at ingle farm, they mix it up on the computer, then can it.

 

Cheers mate.

  • Author

Startin to come together.

 

All painted, wheels on. Rear seats in, Now just front seats and a few little things.

 

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...16022008305.jpg

 

*Note: Rear bumper isnt bolted in, just hanging for the time being*

Edited by sixsixone

WOW that cleaned up nice sure to keep boys in blue off your back.

  • Author
WOW that cleaned up nice sure to keep boys in blue off your back.

 

Yep, and the best thing. All done for less then $300 including the car!!! And the $120 worth of Seat Covers :P

Edited by sixsixone

Looking great there fella! I'm assuming its almost time for roady and rego?

 

cheers phatke30!

  • Author
Looking great there fella! I'm assuming its almost time for roady and rego?

 

cheers phatke30!

 

Yep. Hopefully won't need to go in for roady, cause it was registered not long ago. But we'll see.

 

$150 for 3 months rego, thats more then the car cost me.. *sigh*

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.