February 18, 200818 yr comment_228578 Yep. Hopefully won't need to go in for roady, cause it was registered not long ago. But we'll see. $150 for 3 months rego, thats more then the car cost me.. *sigh* Its reasonably stock it would almost go on historic registration. 90 days use through 12 month period for $120 just needs to be 30 years old, http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...egistration.asp Report
February 19, 200818 yr Author comment_228743 Its reasonably stock it would almost go on historic registration.90 days use through 12 month period for $120 just needs to be 30 years old, http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/registratio...egistration.asp Would be good if I was a member of a historic car club, and only wanted to drive 90 days a year :P Will be daily for me when I get my P's. Until i can get a KE70 or something similar. Report
February 28, 200818 yr Author comment_230494 Well, It got registered today. Took it for a drive, its sweeeet! Needs an oil change (What the best oil to use?) And an oil filter. Apart from that. Will be lookin for wheels/tyres in the near future. If i have to go NEW, I'll get mags too. So if anyone got some 185/65 or 185/70 wheels they would like to sell. Give me a PM http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...28022008336.jpg There is a pic for anyone interested. Still needs a cut, will do that later though. Cheers Report
February 28, 200818 yr comment_230502 hey mate, that has come up a treat. nice work with all the bogging. i have been workin on my car 4 ages doin the same thing as u and now u have made me look like a slack ass lol. top job, how did u get the wheels to come up so well? Report
February 28, 200818 yr comment_230563 Needs an oil change (What the best oil to use?) And an oil filter. Castrol oils IMO, Castrol GTX *should* suit your engine, just off the top of my head, I think it's what I used to use in my old Keto's 4K. It's been a quite a while since then, so I can't remember clearly......... But go check out supercheaps oil listings and see what it recommends for the 4K. I've always used Castrol, and just won't turn back. But I'm stubborn, so try different things, see what you like best, but only use the correct viscosity oil, or risk engine damage in the long term. Keep us posted....... Report
February 28, 200818 yr comment_230585 Good on ya mate! i Bet your glad its on the road? As for what oil to use......................................? Each to their own i guess, every one has their own opinion on whats best to use so i recon what ever your happy with, cheers phatke30! Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_230697 Ok, just as a point of reference, I'm looking at the Castrol website now, and it suggests either: GTX3 - 15W 40 - This is for "demanding modern" engines, read: post 1995........ So, no. Magnatec - 10W 40 - This has "intelligent molecules" for "demanding driving conditions"........ Just no. GTX2 - 20W 50 - For "modern" engines, read: everything after 1990 requiring 20W 50......... So, no again, sort of. (right viscosity, wrong years. I wouldn't chance it) Everything suggested by their website I wouldn't use, so I sugggest this: GTX - 20W 50 - For "older" engines, the splash screen says pre 1984, but the tech data says pre 1990........ :yes: For the record, I'd use the GTX, but it IS up to you in the end. Happy shopping....... Report
February 29, 200818 yr comment_230741 ^^^^^^^^^^^That is so true, i wouldn't use an oil any thinner than 20/50, especially with the older engines. Also depends how many km's are on the engine, may have to use a slightly thicker oil if need so, cheers phatke30! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now