'81 Ke55 Sedan *rust-rolla*

sixsixone

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bogging + Fibre-Glassing is almost done. All done apart from the rear guards.

Shoulder drills, lol all this rubbing back is hard work. Starting to take shape. :)

Took her for a drive last night, (first time ever) and I like, clutch is a bit too close to the floor so I'll adjust that.

Gonna paint a few bits and pieces in the engine bay later too.

Gotta get some paint. I think the colour code is BC. But can anyone confirm that?

Cheers

All bogging and fibre-glassing is done. And everything apart from the rear guards are rubbed back.

Gave the bonnet a cut to see what it came up like, tis not too bad.

Anyone know where to get touch up paint? I just needa prime + then cover the primer for now. Will look into paintjob later if I don't find a KE70.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...27012008270.jpg - My shiny bonnet. :hmm:

Not too bad considering it has been out in a paddock for 2 years.

Cheers guys.

Edited by sixsixone

Any pics of the rust repairs fella? :hmm:

cheers phatke30!

Lol, yea. Keep in mind this is the first time I've ever done this so, my jobs not %100. I rubbed back a little bit too much in places, but meh.

Cheers

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...27012008271.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...26012008268.jpg

Edit: And the guard I showed you needs a bit more rubbing. So yeh. The other sides the same. All the same places minus the fuel cap.

Also Just wondering, I donated but didn't get a contributor thing, I feel ripped lol :S Whats the deal with that?

Edited by sixsixone

are you adding metal,welding or just bogging over it?

Rust converter, cutting out old rust (like big bits) Sanding back, using wire + bog. On the bigger holes,

like this, http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...24012008246.jpg

Same as above, but fibre-glassed from the inside, then the outside, and then bogged over the top and sanded back.

Would have cut out the metal and welded in, but the cars only a temp.

Cheers

You have done really well for a first timer, good work! And i hope you do get another car soon because the rust will more than likely come back within 6 months,

cheers phatke30!

6 Months.. Eeek. Lol. You serious??

Cheers mate. Well. I'm loookin for a KE70 as a daily, but I also want a half decent 30/early 55 as a project. But we'll se.

Hopefully have a job soon too :hmm: = $$$

Cheers

You have done really well for a first timer, good work! And i hope you do get another car soon because the rust will more than likely come back within 6 months,

cheers phatke30!

If the panels have been rust converted, sealed with fiberglass matting at the back of the panel then painted how will the rust come back?

Rust needs 3 things 1 steel

2 Oxygen

3 Moisture

take any one of the 3 away and you can't have rust. you should be able to stop moisture and oxygen by the steps taken fingers crossed.

If the panels have been rust converted, sealed with fiberglass matting at the back of the panel then painted how will the rust come back?

Rust needs 3 things 1 steel

2 Oxygen

3 Moisture

take any one of the 3 away and you can't have rust. you should be able to stop moisture and oxygen by the steps taken fingers crossed.

Yeah mate, thats true, although there is always the chance of an edge being missed if overlooked sparingly! Sixsixone, just an idea so that the problem can be prevented from occuring later on in the future, just check the condition and any signs of water leakage of your boot seal, tail light seals, rear windscreen seal and rear side air vent seals, just my 2 cents worth,

cheers phatke30!

Edited by phatke30

Hey guys. Not much happening except I decided to put a muffler that i got for free on, instead of the stock one.

The exhaust still has a resonator before the muffler but yeh.

This is just a vid of dad revving it - http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj48/ja...29012008058.flv (About 1.8 meg)

Got one of the car in action, but its 35 meg and I dunno how to make it smaller *sigh* so if anyone wants to tell me I can upload that one also.

Cheers.

Oh, and hopefully will get the rest of the bodywork done this weekend.

Yeah mate, thats true, although there is always the chance of an edge being missed if overlooked sparingly! Sixsixone, just an idea so that the problem can be prevented from occuring later on in the future, just check the condition and any signs of water leakage of your boot seal, tail light seals, rear windscreen seal and rear side air vent seals, just my 2 cents worth,

cheers phatke30!

Hey mate. Yea, we're going to re drill some drainage holes in the bottom of the boot, where all the rust on the guards was, as well as some others (dad just said he'll do it).

Will check the seals and stuff too, cheers mate.

Edited by sixsixone

Hey guys.

Finished the bogging today, bit more rubbing back. Man it takes lots of effort ;)

Dunno what paint to use now, where should I go? The colour code is BC, but how should I do the touch up. I have a spray gun + compresser and all, but might just buy a can or two, if I can get matching colours. Anyone reccomend a place?

Also, lookin to buy ARM Racing Seat covers, (Year gay i know, but the seats are shot and need covers for the time being) So does anyone know what size I'd be looking at for the rolla's seats?

Cheers