Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

4 Days, thats a good effort.

 

A Panel beater recommended to me to use a blade to scratch the hell out of the paintwork before laying the stripper, to let it get in deeper and lift more paint in one hit. Generally from what I have found is they still take a couple of hits to get it all off.

 

I'm just trying to work out what size compressor I need before I buy one. Even if you get a pic of the compressor and the sander that would be great.

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

  • Author

I think any compressor will do. I'll chat with my brother-in-law on the weekend and confirm.

 

Yeh, we found cutting through the paint made it bubble up a lot quicker.

Also keep out of direct sunlight or it bakes on.

Do a small area at a time with reasonably thick coats of stripper.

If you get the stripper on yourself wipe it off quickly or it will start to sting like buggery.

Don't try and get every last bit off with the stripper, you'll just waste a lot of time (Hind sight...). Use a wire wheel, or sanding disc to get the last bits.

 

Thats about all I can think of... Hope it helps?

Yeh, compressor size will matter, those air sanders chew a fair bit of air. If its too small you end up waiting for it to charge up again!

 

Stripper is nasty shit, I got me some big gloves when I used it.

  • Author

wuss :) (I didn't think of gloves :) )

I'm going up to put the rolla back together this weekend, I'll get the air compressor & reg details then.

  • Author

Brother-in-law has decided to put blue pearl through the white. Should look quite nice... :(

Also, (I can't remember if I have already said this) I am getting vinyls of the old Toyota symbol made to put on the quarters below the Corolla badge, and one on the glove-box :o

  • Author

Car is looking like its about a month away from finnished :dance:

I forgot to ask about the gear, will give him a call.

 

But on a positive note, the new wheel fits!!

Hey man,

 

looks like its coming along quite well. Be interesting to see how the blue with the white pearl comes out.. be sure to put the pics up :dance:

  • Author

It's White with a slight blue pearl :dance:

What year is yours?? Looks Mickey Mouse!!!

Ah must've just read it wrong then. :dance: All good..

 

It's a KE11. Been off the road for last 4 years. I only just recently joined this forum as I've got another KE10 in the family and I'm in 2 minds to whether I rebuild another one and start all over. All this talk about KE1#s makes me want to rebuild it how I want and maybe sell the one in my avatar. Just don't know how much I'd be getting for it.. but better keep the thread on track all the more KE10-11's out there the better. How long has it taken you so far?

  • Author

It's been about almost a month since I pulled her off the road. Was hoping to do a quick respray, but that turned into a full bare metal job. Will be well worth it.

 

My Brother-in-law priced up how much the job would cost if I wasn't family... ~ $10,000.00!!

Will cost about $1000, money well spent :dance:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Car will be fitted up over the long weekend 31/05-2/06. This is taking forever....

 

Should have my vinyls next week!

Am getting 20 or so spare old toyota logo stickers in red (long life) vinyl about 60mm diamiter. Would anyone be interested in buying some??

  • 2 weeks later...

hey man,

 

good to see ur rolla getting there and the parts helping. love the pics!

 

keep up the good work!

  • Author

UPDATE, PAINTED!!!!

DSCF2711.jpg

DSCF2712.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

 

Putting her back together next weekend. :y:

 

EDIT: Pearl is going to be on the inside. Colour is Tinter White, NO TINT :(

Edited by Dunadan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.