67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

4 Days, thats a good effort.

A Panel beater recommended to me to use a blade to scratch the hell out of the paintwork before laying the stripper, to let it get in deeper and lift more paint in one hit. Generally from what I have found is they still take a couple of hits to get it all off.

I'm just trying to work out what size compressor I need before I buy one. Even if you get a pic of the compressor and the sander that would be great.

Members dont see this ad

I think any compressor will do. I'll chat with my brother-in-law on the weekend and confirm.

Yeh, we found cutting through the paint made it bubble up a lot quicker.

Also keep out of direct sunlight or it bakes on.

Do a small area at a time with reasonably thick coats of stripper.

If you get the stripper on yourself wipe it off quickly or it will start to sting like buggery.

Don't try and get every last bit off with the stripper, you'll just waste a lot of time (Hind sight...). Use a wire wheel, or sanding disc to get the last bits.

Thats about all I can think of... Hope it helps?

Ah must've just read it wrong then. :dance: All good..

It's a KE11. Been off the road for last 4 years. I only just recently joined this forum as I've got another KE10 in the family and I'm in 2 minds to whether I rebuild another one and start all over. All this talk about KE1#s makes me want to rebuild it how I want and maybe sell the one in my avatar. Just don't know how much I'd be getting for it.. but better keep the thread on track all the more KE10-11's out there the better. How long has it taken you so far?

It's been about almost a month since I pulled her off the road. Was hoping to do a quick respray, but that turned into a full bare metal job. Will be well worth it.

My Brother-in-law priced up how much the job would cost if I wasn't family... ~ $10,000.00!!

Will cost about $1000, money well spent :dance:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...