67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

67Rolla-Ken

Members dont see this ad

She'd be staying red if I didn't. Decent resprays are not cheap.

They're (AJ & Sarah Sims, my brother & sister in law) calling the business Wheatbelt Panel & Paint. It's in Goomalling WA. He's staying away from insurance work as much as he can, would rather do resto's. I don't know if many of you are ready to spend $5k+ on sprucing up your rolla's, but I owe AJ a lot of plugs :lolcry:

Get him on board for Rollaclub members! get him to sponser the site and he might be able to advertise here.

Fair enough giving him some Plugs, if I was in WA id throw some work his way just for helping give new

life to a ke10. looks like a decent job too...

The worst thing about a full strip down is losing/misplacing some of those precious little parts. some are

hard to replace these days. I'm glad you are going to put the chrome back on :lolcry: I had to redrill holes on my

ke11 as previous owner wasnt keen on the chrome.

Scott.

Thanks for the comments Scott.

More delays ;) Roof had some imperfections so had to be rubbed back to primer.

At this stage, I don't care how long, I just want it as close to perfect as possible.

On another note, I just brought a 2004 Avalon :D Pick it up Thursday/Friday.

The eb falcoon I brought for a grand when I realised my car wasn't going to be finished in a week, wasn't even able to withstand my driving for 2 months :) Stalls whenever I break.

Thanks for the comments Scott.

More delays :D Roof had some imperfections so had to be rubbed back to primer.

At this stage, I don't care how long, I just want it as close to perfect as possible.

On another note, I just brought a 2004 Avalon :y: Pick it up Thursday/Friday.

The eb falcoon I brought for a grand when I realised my car wasn't going to be finished in a week, wasn't even able to withstand my driving for 2 months ;) Stalls whenever I break.

Yeah Ford made it that way as 'fuel saving' :)

Hey all, does anyone know if a 3SGTE will fit in a KE10?? They seem to be easier to get hold of than a 7K...

I'm just talking hypatheticals (distant future plans), wife would kill me if I mentioned an engine swap at the moment.

Gavclassic, where did you get your 7K?

**UPDATE**

Car was all painted and put together, but AJ (the guy doing the job) was not happy with the lines on the doors, bonnet, boot lid and guards.

It was good, but not perfect....

So the whole thing is getting re-done, and this time the engine bay is gettng resprayed as well. We are not rushing this time so it's looking like another month or two.

AJ has very high standards, and is hoping the Rolla will be an example of these high standards. I thought the thing looked good, but as this is a love job and planned to be used as a demo car for Wheatfields Pannel & Paint Goomalling, I don't want to make him rush out a car he is not 100% satisfied with.

He is not happy for me to put up any current pictures, so I won't be putting up any pics for a while but I'll keep you all updated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...