Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!

Featured Replies

  • Replies 465
  • Views 303.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Don't do it. You get much, much better brake feel and pedal feedback non-boosted. You don't need one in such a light car. If you want an upgrade, move to an early galant (or similar) non-boosted dual

  • That steering wheel is disgusting :(   Certain things make a car... you have spent so much time and effort perfecting everything else don't let that steering wheel bring it down - which it will :

  • CorollaNut68
    CorollaNut68

    How cool, I just got a shiny new granddaughter too. Congrats again. It'll use more till everything's worn in good...go ahead and drive her, they hate sitting in the garage. They have no defense again

Posted Images

Won't quite fit in with the style of the rims and stripes methinks. :)

 

Maybe you should paint it suede black with some faux patina, buy a mack brush to do some pinstriping, add flappers and moondiscs. On the inside a set of mexican blankets, an 8 ball on an extended shift lever, with a tiki hanging off the rear view mirror. While you're at it add a set of half moons to your headlights, and some blue dots to your tail lights. Don't forget skull door locks and a set of dice valve caps. Lakes pipes would really set it all off and go with a Rat Fink graphic nicely.

 

Edit: I told the missus about this and she said you'd need a set of iron cross mirrors, or peep mirrors with visors.

 

Ahaha. And a set of SPATS!

 

seriously though, flat black with a bit of pinstriping could be cool.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Things aren't going well :cool:

She is back to bare metal, but the front gaurds are trashed. The rest is relatively OK for a 41 yr old car. I need some guards urgently!!!

  • Author

Well, after we stripped back the inch thick bog (not exagerating), we found the front of the passenger gaurd was pushed in and rusted thru. Both are stretched, beaten and too thin to weld. Could be fixed if I had an extra month to spend on repairing them, which I don't have, or was willing to build them out of bog again (not much point going bare metal then doing that).

 

Soooo...... I'm kinda screwed at the moment.

  • Author

Got new front guards, thanks Scott, all fitted well and looking great.

 

Should be finnished in about 3 weeks.

 

Also, I now have a second bonnet, which is to be mat black with a scoop above the carby. :D

  • Author

Sorry folks I'm too stuffed to sort out the pics at the moment.

 

I have a week until I buy my paint and I'm re-thinking my colour choice. What do we think of a brilliant (Arctic) white, with one large orange stripe with orange pin-stripes either side?

 

l HH l sorta thing, but up over the passenger side (so it goes over the scoop, which will be positioned above the carby, on the mat black second bonnet).

 

 

EDIT: The main reason for the re-think is I now have the chrome trim that goes down the sides, therefore I can make her look more original. With her being the oldest, registered & running Rolla on here, that might be a good idea.

Edited by Dunadan

I'm thinking that would deffinately look awesome =]

Don't go a a straight white with no tinters. It would look a lot better in a creamy white. Have a look around at colour charts and find a nice white from the era of the car.

 

Definitely put the chrome trim back on. They look so much better with it.

  • Author

Yeh, I'm stoked I managed to track down the trim. I don't want to go an off white because it's too common for the Ke10. I want semi-original with a bit of a race look.

I have a ke10 that was painted in high opacity white before I got it. I think it looks cheap and tacky on an old 60's car.

 

A good thing about it I guess is that the paint is cheap, and it makes for easy touchups down the line. No rooting around with colour matching.

  • Author

After having a pearl white car, "easy touchups" is the main thing I was after with this respray. That pearl was a pain in the ass!

I'm still not sure how it will look... I think with the interior I am planning (white vinyl with orange piping, + orange stripes matching stripes on outside of car) it will look quite striking.

  • Author

OK, locking in my final answer :hmm: ... I'm going white with red. I have changed to red cos my current interior is red and my plates are red on white and reds the Toyota colour!!

Don't go a a straight white with no tinters. It would look a lot better in a creamy white. Have a look around at colour charts and find a nice white from the era of the car.

 

Definitely put the chrome trim back on. They look so much better with it.

 

Agreed. :hmm:

 

It is coming up well :y: , how much

did the rims set you back ?

  • Author

Payed $280 for both guards, bonnet, drivers door, rear view mirror, and trim :hmm:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.