Ashie's Ke20

ashie

IMGP0023.jpg

This is the pic of the TE27 dash cluster. Won't be cheap though!

Also doesnt come with the parking light/hazard light switch either as I need that :y:

Edited by Raven

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raven, is ur cluster controlled by ur keyboard :y:

Ashie, youve got a sweet little machine in your possesion. its actually nice to see an ORIGINAL ke20.

not slammed, not whitewalled, no venetians. just clean and tidy. factory styling.

as for your dealer option dash mounted tacho, they were very rare, ive owned 2 ke20s with the option.

they were never very accurate, your best bet it to rewire it and keep it looking factory.

cheers, scott

• 2 months later...

so ive been having trouble with internet the last few months, or more like trying to get the computer off my sister :cool:

benzo -i was thinking Venetians and possibly getting her lowered, how would that work with the leaf springs? the reason they are rare is they are an add on for the SL model, ive only seen one other with it and it was owned

luke -where do you see me? are you the one i see on the upper sturt road all the time? lol thanks i think my car is very me aswell ;)

seabiscuit -the interior is pretty good, only a few things that need fixing and they aren't priority, i managed to get the major dent out the drivers side rear quarter panel so it looks a lot neater now. problem is i side swiped a tree reversing up my driveway last week, not to much damage just another thing to get fixed on the list now. the rust is another matter entirely, it has gotten worse and I'm starting to panic about it, theres nothing i can do at the moment as I'm out of a job.

raven -I'm sure your dash cluster is already gone, thanks for the offer but its not what I'm after, I'm trying to keep my 20 as stock as possible. do you have any 20 parts lying around?

scott -she is an awesome machine and slowly getting there with everything, ive managed to order the parts to fix the dead spot so she is going to be even better to drive soon. as for the tacho i havnt had any trouble with accuracy, it just keeps fogging up, moisture gets in somehow so it works fine i just can't read it and i have to admit the problem is getting on my nerves :P

sorry to answer you all in the same post and sorry about the delay :) I'm sure your not even checking the thread anymore. oh well, cheers for the info, i think I'm going to try pulling the dash apart to see if i can get the tacho off to clean it.

i managed to get the major dent out the drivers side rear quarter panel so it looks a lot neater now.

Heheh, you're welcome :P

Bay to Birdwood was fun, anyone see us there? We picked up new tie rod ends and a pitman arm the other day from Sprints, will be awesome when you get that fixed... It'll be like a new car.

• 2 weeks later...

got a new bumper today :party: (thanks eli)

its nice and straight with no dings but it has some surface rust so that will have to get fixed and re-chromed.

has the steering done tuesday, its a lot better now but still a bit loose turning left, does anyone know about tightening steering boxes?

as to my tacho problem, well i figured out how to clean it, turns out its the plastic thats just had it from heat damage. so i fixed that then putting it back on managed to break the needle :D so if anyone has a spare KE20 sl tacho that sits on top of the dash in the centre let me know how much you want for it.

i think thats about it on the update atm, i get some more pics up soon

• 1 month later...

ok latest on Rolla business,

my BF bought a 20 the other day and its quite awesome as 20's are.

but I'm going to have a little rant here for a moment. i went to work today down in unley and when i came out of work and drve off a noticed a wheel surround come off my car i pulled over went and got it then realised both the passenger side wheels were missing hub caps and surrounds. WHAT KIND OF MORON GETS A KICK OUT OF NICKING HUB CAPS?

you would think in unley the car would be safe? i drive to my boyfriends house and leave the car parked on the road in windsor gardens and NOTHING has ever happened to it there.

FOR f@$kSAKE.

i wish death to the people who have done this.

That's shit. I was going to get a set of fiesta tri bars for my wagon and I realised that as soon as someone realises how cool they look on an old jap car, they're gone!

then everyone started rolling with caps so I got bored with it.

The irony is that your flower hubcaps aren't even hard to find, if it was a set of crown caps that'd be different.

• 1 month later...

thanks to scott i have a new full set of flower hub caps (cheers mate)(still waiting to be polished and put on the car) but the latest development isnt so great, she started running funny/rough in the last week, i just thought it was a petrol additive i was currently running but then she started overheating once every few days (not on) got bf to listen to her run and he reckoned i was a cylinder down and decided to compression test number 2 combustion chamber. we found the car hard to start and when it did the compression went sky high, (i don't know if that was normal or not) then when we released the gauge all this liquid spurted out of it. so turns out number 2 compression chamber is filling with water/coolant because ive blown a head gasket, great timing when I'm in the middle of moving house. should be fixed in a few days :P