Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5 Speed!

Featured Replies

  • Author

why do you need a 5 speed shifter??

i used my 4 speed one! just grinded slots into the bolt holes and it works beautifully!

  • 3 months later...

I was there a couple of months ago and both were gone, me taking one of them. They do turn over stock fairly quickly there though, so who knows, they may have more! There's only one way to find out.

DAMM IT!! :)

 

I was there about three weeks ago serching every corolla, and the only 5speed i found was in a ke70 4k.

I took it, because i thought it would fit in my KE30 no probs, but as most of you will tell me now I was wrong :hmm: and had to cut a hole.

They carged me $90 for mine?????

I just said it was out of a corolla 4k

 

Thanks for sharing anyways people. :(

Cheers Doug

  • Author

i'm heading there on the wkend will post if there are any after!

Whats wrong with a 4 speed?

 

Does a 4 speed have longer range in the lower gears? This is what i thought so i kept my 4 speed in...

From what I've read, 2nd and 3rd are different ratios, but I can't verify this. Even then, I doubt you'd notice the difference. The good thing about a 5speed is it adds over drive.

 

4 speed ratios go from about 3.7 in 1st through to a 1:1 4th gear. A 5 speed is simply and extra over drive gear. So after your 1:1 4th you get a 0.865 ratio. This means you'll be revving your engine less on the freeway in 5th, than you will in 4th. With the low diffs in rolla's, that's a good thing!

  • Author

when i changed to my 5speed it seemed that 2nd 3rd and 4th were a bit longer.

might head down tomorrow (friday) and see whats there, anybody still want a 5spd shifter?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.