How To Improve My Corollas Power?

aazad1

i have a ae92 sx seca with the small port 4age in it...it goes alright.. but as others have previously said..go for a suspention upgrade.. I lowed mine a little bit put good shockers in and most importantly a rear sway bar...handling has inproved greatly and its is so much more fun to drive now aswell. it costs a lot to get more power...my as well make it handle better.

Members dont see this ad
i have a ae92 sx seca with the small port 4age in it...it goes alright.. but as others have previously said..go for a suspention upgrade.. I lowed mine a little bit put good shockers in and most importantly a rear sway bar...handling has inproved greatly and its is so much more fun to drive now aswell. it costs a lot to get more power...my as well make it handle better.

You can buy a silvertop 20valve for 750 bucks up here in Brissy. Thats for a long motor with flywheel, quads and full intake, alternator and starter and headers! Get a loom made and an aftermarket ecu and it would be tons of fun. It will cost you a fair amount though. Probably 3000 dollars all up. You wouldn't have to go aftermarket ecu, its just that Ive heard mixed reviews on silvertop factory ecus in Australian conditions.

On the other hand, the smallport or 100kw version are available in Australia in front wheel drive form, just have to raid an ae92 twincam for the bits, including factory loom and ecu, saving tons of money.

Suspension tuning is also expensive to do properly. You can go as far as you want, springs and shocks and bushes, or coilovers and cambertops, big brakes.... the list goes on...

I guess you just need to be realistic about your budget and be honest with yourself about what you can achieve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bro.. in my honest opinion, if you we're thinking about doing mods and getting some power out of your car, i would opt for selling your FWD ae94 and use the cash to buy a RWD toyota and invest some $$ into that, much more fun getting it loose at the rear.. :(

just my opinion

if u are anything like me, u love your car and don't want to sell up. I don't know what prices ae92 twin cams are going for but try and find a cheap one and use it as a donor car.

Thats what i am going to do, found an ae82 twincam for 500 bucks with a blown head gasket. If you can find something simular that might be a cheaper way to go as well.

cheers

scott

• 3 months later...

Well your one up from me - I have the 4-AF (Carby) and i'm looking to do an upgrade (4-AGE 16V RedTop) but for now i'm going to put in some king springs, KYB shocks, a stock replacement K&N circular panel filter, new straight through 2" exhaust, extractors and although that won't improve the power substantially it will improve response and handling!

You could go the similar option, but being efi go the High Flow POD filter option.

Looking forward to it all! :laff: