Unknown Smell?

stock_rolla

Ive been doing a bit of work to me car this week (points, plugs, distributer, air filter), and ive noticed that when I'm about 60-70km/h, i can smell fumes, but only with a window down. I'm not running a standard air box and filter. What would be causing this? :sad:

Edited by stock_rolla

Members dont see this ad

Okie - heres my theory.

When you are at speed, the motor is under some stress, causing the motor to move (as they all do) - and you could have a weak exhaust gasket flange which leaks under any stress (motor moves when in stress, pulls away from exhaust causing small gap / leak) - hence why u would smell it when windows are down. Does it smell like egg fart? (lol yeah) - if so, its most likely exhaust leakage somewhere :doublebird: !

Edited by Teddy

Cheers :doublebird: Could be coz the exhaust brack that goes on the side of the gearbox is missin'. its not really an egg fart smell :P , but my bootlid looks like a mexican wave, coz i pissed someone off and they smashed it up sob . I have to get the exhaust check in the next day or 2 anyway, so it might pay to have it all looked over properly! ;)

Edited by stock_rolla