Extractors Quote

Mybowlcut

Hey guys. Went down to Mettams Mufflers in Midland (WA) this week and got quoted $680 for extractors and a 2" sports exhaust. The guy just wrote 2" sports but I'm assuming he means exhaust, yeah?

Is this an ok price? I rushed my superlites so I figure I better start being a bit wiser with my purchases.

Cheers. :)

Members dont see this ad
I got mine there. $260 for everything but extractors, 2" sports. Another $260 for extractors if I want them later. I'm very happy with my setup :y:
At the same one? In Midland? Why is there a difference in price? I know your car is a lot older than mine but wouldn't that mean it's around the same price if not more since it's a classic? $680 vs $520... :) Edited by Mybowlcut

Shop around, go to a couple of other shops. The difference in price may be for different brand extractors or different mufflers.

Is this for one muffler or one muffler and a hotdog style resonator?

You may be able to pick up some second hand extractors that may also drop you price.

Happy shopping.

Shop around, go to a couple of other shops. The difference in price may be for different brand extractors or different mufflers.

Is this for one muffler or one muffler and a hotdog style resonator?

You may be able to pick up some second hand extractors that may also drop you price.

Happy shopping.

Ok will do. I didn't ask really I just asked for a quote for extractors to be put onto to a KE70 and he wrote it down on a card haha.

Cheers. :)

When i had my old t-18 a few years back i asked an exhaust shop here in toowoomba about extractors for it and got told that extractors aren't made for 4 banger cars only six's and eights.

"Ok, how about custom made ?"

"Oh, a few thousand"

Turned around and haven't been back since. Even after they changed hands....

When i had my old t-18 a few years back i asked an exhaust shop here in toowoomba about extractors for it and got told that extractors aren't made for 4 banger cars only six's and eights.

"Oh, a few thousand"

:) Wow... what a bunch of arses.. did you end up getting them put on?

definately get at leat 3 quotes for the same system,supplied and fitted.

the last 808 1300cc system and extractors i got approx 9 mths ago was $395 supplied and fitted

new header pipes,hot dog/resonator,chrome cannon muffler

just shop around

cheers

808? Is that a Mazda? $395 sounds pretty good haha. What year is that car?

"Oh, a few thousand"

Yeah, and I bet his mullet was flying in the breeze, as he cruised down route 66 in his f@$king LH Torrie.

I can't stand that mentality!

I was quoted $600 for 2.5 inch mandrel bent stainless steel over diff system for my old ke70. 4AGE extractors were $220 new if i remember correctly.
The mandrel bending process maintains a constant inside diameter, even through pipe bends. Flow area remains consistent, increasing flow more than 35% compared to stock, serrated bent pipes.
Is that what "bent" means? Is that what they'd most likely fit onto my car with the extractors? Or is it $600 for a reason? Haha.

Is that what "bent" means? Is that what they'd most likely fit onto my car with the extractors? Or is it $600 for a reason? Haha.

Mandrel bent exhausts flow better than the normal press bent.

They would most likely do press bent unless you specifically asked for mandrel bent system. Mandrel bent is better but for a near stock 4k its not worth the extra money.