Sr20det Into A Corolla Ke55?

78_rolla

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All valid points.... thank you, I now have MORE stupid ideas to think about :moon: hahahahaha.

Yeah, I know SR20DETs are pretty tough. The only thing that puts me off is they suffer more lag than what rexys do... and you'd need some cash to fix that.

Well, I know his one does anyway. He's just fitted a front mount cooler and BOV and it don't pick up properly until 3500 rpm.

But once it kicks in... it boogies, I know that much.

I could be wrong here, but it's just what I've been led to believe unless I can be told otherwise. I am open for other thoughts, so educate me if you must :moon:

Well as was said earlier, if one of these motors ever went into a rolla, anything above a T28 is suicide. A high flow T25 can put some smiles on faces these days (for small motors, that is ie: E15DET)

I was actually going to suggst an RB20DET motor. I've always been a big fan of the RB series engines.

If a guy stuffed a 1GTTE 2.0l six in a KE30... then I don't see why the RB20DET wouldn't work.

One guy ripped hiw RB30 out of his VL and installed an RB20DET and he is seeing well over 200kw at the wheels (dollars later of course)

they put the weight too far over the front axel in the S13s...I dread to think what it does for weight distribution in a corolla...

Just another quick note on CA18DETs. Theyre nothing to sneeze at. They might not produce as much power modded as an SR20DET but they still pack quite a punch. don't write them off that quick.

Save the CA18DET for ET Turbo conversions.

You really wanna impress me though.. have the full GTiR running gear in a rolla. Yep, all wheel drivetrain and all :( Major bash work to the floor I'd imagine... but how fun would that be.. An all wheel drive rolla! :thumbsup:

that is so harsh, that's even worse than being a boat anchor!!!

An ET is purely a bigger home for Nemo... at least give him something fun to play with!

Ouch! :thumbsup:

Can't half tell I prefer my Rollas! :(