K Motor Dry Sump Trd

Hi,

Been researching TRD K motor parts lately and was curious to see if any one had info or more pictures.

Now the pic below is of the TRD dry sump kit for the K motor:

post-1811-1207041855_thumb.jpg

Now as you can see the new TRD oil filter mount has a red fitting in the side that is rather large. I dare say this is oil in as another red fitting is in the sump its self which is prob oil to the tank or pump inlet.

Now the red fitting in the new oil pick filter housing if this is oil in Id say TRD blocked the oil in hole in the block so oil will be pumped in then go into filter then around motor.

Now question is....

In the K motor when the oil pump is removed would of TRD just used a flat plate to cover the hole where the oil pump bolts in or did they do something different? Does some one have a pic of this part of the system.

Also note the 2 pumps in the pic are the 2 different styles TRD released a V belt drive and a cogged belt drive but in normal kit there is just one pump.

Cheers

Cameron

Members dont see this ad

KP61 startlet had dry sump option :D 2 versioons were released the TRD baffeled sump with extra oil capacity was one option they stucka fitting in it and used a pump. Other model was one I posted in the picture with cast aluminium sump etc.

Also 3K R I do believe had it I do have some part numbers for that motor might go look up see what it says about it.

Also those TRD valve springs in that ebay add ARENT COMPLETE...

He lists the part number go look it up adn you will see it is the OUTER spring these were a dual spring setup so you will be missing a spring if you get them. And these springs use larger diameter vavle spring retainers made from titanium part number: 13741-KE052 AND to top it off the stage 2 K motor kit uses larger diameter stem valves and valve spring seat is also bigger so if you get those springs the cost still left to go to make them work or anything would be astronomical so I can't recommend them.

But hey id like to have his set sitting on my desk :abuse:

But Mr TRD SHIT Toyota over engineered there oil cooler system ...lol I got a pic of it in my TRD book and pic doesnt show the pump yours does I mean why didn't they jsut get a electric pump instead of over engineering the cam..LOL Spose that is why the TRD cams have HUGE bearings adn are totally over sized along with the cranks.

Also WinKE55 to answer your question. What didnt TRD have for a K motor. From racing seats and gear knobs to gasket kits for them. TRD did the lot even a dash mount rally computer OMG for a K car I mean its nuts. mind boggles oh adn the TRD LSD for a K diff is so nice :owned:

Cameron

Also WinKE55 to answer your question. What didnt TRD have for a K motor. From racing seats and gear knobs to gasket kits for them. TRD did the lot even a dash mount rally computer OMG for a K car I mean its nuts. mind boggles oh adn the TRD LSD for a K diff is so nice :owned:

Cameron

Hey Cameron,

Is this stuff rare as rocking horse shite, or can we find bits easily ?

(i am particulary interested in a TRD LSD) :abuse:

Thanks

I don't think ANYONE is selling a K series small ass diff center on here.LOL And if it is on here for a K series small ass diff ITS MINE :abuse:..lol

Rare as rocking horse shit makes this stuff sound easy to find :owned: All the stuff I have seen guys obtain happen to stumble over it so just look you might find.

but KP61 had a HUGE racing class and LOTS of them ran 3K-R and they snapped up parts like crazy so if your looking try around old school racers.

Also now and then this stuff pops up on Jap Yahoo auctions so it is around I guess.

If you want ill dig up the Diff info part numbers pictures etc tomorrow to late to do it now..LOL

Cameron

Got a Torco manual for the 3k floating around home here somewhere that's got the pictures of it all.

At least i'm pretty sure it does....

Haven't seen it for ages but

Found it last night after searching the bedroom. And it just shows the oil cooler setup.... sucks

But if Holden did an aftermarket (read tricky/fake oil cooler setup) job on the L34 Torana. I can't see what'd be so hard about doing it