Ke20 Power

kris

hi all rolla fans. i was just wondering what sort of power people were making without fully seam welding there rolla. and also what sort of braking system they are running, i am running vt ss commodore brakes on front and 9inch drum rear.

Members dont see this ad
hi all rolla fans. i was just wondering what sort of power people were making without fully seam welding there rolla. and also what sort of braking system they are running, i am running vt ss commodore brakes on front and 9inch drum rear.

I'm currently running standard brakes allround on my KE20's :nervous: and would like to hear some suggestions aswell...........

Anything would stop better than my current setup, i reckon....

Was previously considering

(Front)

KE55 Hubs, RA40 Celica Rotors and Calipers

(Rear)

KE55 Diff

Which would also give me a wider choice of Mags and....future brake upgrades

if you have enough power (and grip) you can twist the whole car :nervous:

ill being running somehere in the region of 180-200rwkws

I havent looked into brakes/suspension yet as I'm not up tp that stage of the build, but will be very shortly so ill be keeping an eye on this thread.

I plan on running coilovers in the front with atleast 4 pot 280mm brakes and a disk brake rearend when the diff conversion gets done.

i was told by the tuner i should expect 140 - 150rwkw. i'm still using the ke55 discs/calipers and the ke55 diff. i will upgrade the fronts first and then change to a w5x box and do a diff conversion (still undecided, but probably vn v8 borg warner), might even use the commodore stud pattern.

Edited by Jono

that sort of power should be alright, depending what sorta tyres your looking at running, but at the end of the day, if your putting a bit of work into the chassis why not make sure it isnt gonna pull apart. my ke70 did and its irritating coz you more or less have to go to a new chassis, or use the old one and get it checked for true and repaired...

cheers, andrew