Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Battery Sizes

Featured Replies

I am designing a bracket to mount the battery in the boot to save room in engine bay.

 

What size battery should i be looking for? I hope fully plan on getting a ok sound system later on down the track... much later.... But i always like to plan ahead.

 

Nothing worse then under designed stuff

 

 

Hmmm wrong section but o well

Edited by Jason

Erm... If I'm not mistaken mine is like rated to 550 (what's the unit for it? ma/hour?) or something like that. It's not so much the size that matters, more what it's rated to.

 

Make a bracket that will fit your battery box (you'll need one of those), most all batteries should fit in the box. You can buy the box from Supercheap.

batteries are rated in CCA, cold cranking amps. which is a measure of the current available for 30 seconds at -18c. most cars will start with a piss tiny battery, micras and ftos come out with like a 190CCA, but extra is always better. 550CCA is a truck battery, they go up to 600 available on the shelf shelf. that's also really bloody heavy, getting to the stage where you need to take a break if you carry it further than a room

You can also buy plastic battery boxes for such battery re-locations, not 100% sure who sells them, check around some local auto spares places..

 

As I mentioned previously, Supercheap sell them. I'm sure Repco etc would too.

 

Jamie: Ah, that's right - CCA :thumbsup: And yes, 550 is pretty huge. I think it was meant for a V8 Commodore or something like that. I'm not 100% sure why I got such a big one now, but at the time it seemed like a good idea :P

Edited by demuire

yeah, mine's a 480 which is only one or two steps behind, useful when you have a carby car and haven't driven it for a week or two. rr-rr-rr-rr-rr-rr-rr-rr... :thumbsup:

 

(that's the sound the starter makes btw haha)

  • Author

Yere always in fear of that. O well i got a mid sized batt holder from super cheap, even though you could squeeze a very larger battery in there. I like power :thumbsup:

Edited by Jason

Yeah 500cca is allways good and you can get up to 1200cca from some battery's on 12v as for battery box's if supercheap don't have them try a marine place they will.

Also if you have to money the best battery will be a recombant battery (i think that how it spelt) which don't give off any gas and are lighter to (race cars use them) and can be mounted anyway u want as wont spill but cheaper ones from exide cost around $330 trade while the top shelf ones are arounmd $600 from rocket industry's.

Thats for 500cca battery's which is the bottom of the line for excide and about middle for the ones from rocket industry's there small as to

mark

that's like an odyssey sealed lead acid battery. the best, but you pay for it. you don't need to box them either

yeah the odyssey battery's are the excide ones i was taking about not quite the best but so damn close and the only battery i whould want in my boot if i put one there even at $330

mark

  • Author

I'm quiet happy to shove a box in my boot so eh.

 

Just paying $300 for a battery is a little much...

i have a 550cca in my ke30. I have 4 x 10" JL sub woofers - 6x9's in the back and 6" splits in the front and 2 kicker amps in the boot. I bought my battery for $120 bucks at K-mart and has been going strong for 3 years now.

because the battery supplies the current to run the stereo doesn't it. not the alternator :thumbsup:

On the other hand, the Dwarf used to crap batteries every 6 months, due to punishment. Okay, they were under warranty, but that doesn't help when it craps itself mid rally. I know have an Odessy, and it's the best money I've spent. Small, compact and mountable on it's side. :thumbsup:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.