Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Johno

i dunno what spark plugs and leads you are running. But you can get split fire plugs for 4 bucks each off ebay

(wow $16 bucks total)

get some 8mm leads from an auto shop and theres a quick simple mod for around $100. Then just get your mechanic to put them in at your next service if you don't want to do it urself. I found simple things like this soon and up to abit more power and lets face it stock ae82 aren't exactually power houses.

not good news about your deck either did it come with a warranty???

cheers

scott

It already had 8mm leads in it when i bought it. I havent changed the spark plugs yet or the fuel filter. All i have done to the engine is oil change, oil filter and air filter

That pic of the head unit freezing up always happened when i put the car in reverse. It was because there was no signal but since the camera it has never done it again. It does have a warranty. If it has trouble reading cds again i'll send it back.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear the dash went well for you :(

I'm gonna try the grill in mine. Apparently with a little filing it gets in there.

You're welcome to buy my old king springs off me but I think it would make your grinding problem even worse.

There's also an exhaust butterfly in your manifold that obstructs a lot of flow that you might want to remove or cease the function of.

Dunno if it will mess with much gear or have legality issues but if you also got a lynx filter for your stock carby and got rid of the bulky air filter housing/snorkle etc then it should help it breathe better (plus the induction noise is cool heh).

Umm you can also use an ae102 gear shifter that is shorter than your ae82 one.

You can put skateboard bearings in to replace your gear shifter bushings at the box and of your linkages.

Ae102 front disks are a lot better than cs brakes and are pretty well interchangeable, you just need to either replace the bearing carrier with an ae102 one or you can use an ae93 disk on the original hub.

Ae82 twincam rear disks should bolt up.

The stock twincam strutbar is a good easy mod too, although by the looks you'll have to reverse your struts, but this is fine as it gives you more caster anyway :)

Rear swaybars are great on these cars.

Umm how long is a piece of string? ;)

Edited by 200Boy

was the top of your dash above your cluster in good nic when you got ur car??

It was in good condition when i got the car but i stuffed it when i pulled the dash apart to paint it. I didn't know how to take it off, I indid 5 screws and i thought it would clip off but instead i snapped everything inside. I used liquid nails to glue it all back together

Edited by Johno

Here is my new project, a AE82 seca.

Specs:

1.6L carb 4AC engine

5 Speed man

Stock AM FM TAPE radio

Air con

I recently bought this car off a guy for $200. It has been sitting in his backyard for over 6 months. Hidden by overgrown weeds and junk covering it. When I was told about a 5 speed corolla selling for $200, I jumped at the chance and went round there to look at the car. After I had cleared enough room to look at the car properly I asked the guy if I could start it, he was happy to let me start the car, so I drove my falcon up the backyard where the 'rolla was parked, jump started it and to my astonishment it started on the second start. It had a massive cloud of smoke at first but soon cleared up. I drove it out of the weeds and took it for a spin up the road The clutch is a little worn but everything else worked like a charm. I don't know too much about cars but it seemed fine to me so I bought it.

post-5444-1207478986.jpg

I got a small brush and painted the white on the tires, took off the hub caps and sprayed them silver and another brush to paint TOYOTA on the hub caps.

post-5444-1207479444_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479530_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479622_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479688_thumb.jpg

Before and after of a wash and detail...

post-5444-1207479971_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207480041_thumb.jpg

Next was to clear the engine..

High pressure water cleaner, degreaser and tire shine worked a treat.

post-5444-1207480820_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207480899_thumb.jpg

Now it was time to do something about the shitty brown interior. Seats, dash and all plastic trim was brown. I don't have many pics of the old seats but you get the picture of what they used to look like..

post-5444-1207481300_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207481405_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207481506_thumb.jpg

I was at the wreckers and came across some seats that were in a 87 cs x seca. They were a full set and had no rips or marks so i bought the set for $169. So out comes the old brown cloth seats and in go the new..

post-5444-1207481991_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207482227_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207482430_thumb.jpg

Now for the dash. I thought of going extreme with the dash paint. I had the opportunity to do any color I liked but I though that I might regret it later so I decided to go with a simple 2 tone grey.

post-5444-1207482883_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483027_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483113_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483184_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483264_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483355_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483725_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483469_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483605_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483816_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483906_thumb.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do on it, new grey carpet, paint the door trims, paint the inside roof and maybe later paint the car red? But for now I'm putting my time and effort into getting a RWC. I will keep you posted as I complete more work. :P

Thanks for reading,

John

As a fellow ae82 owner I all so got mine at a bargin price paid $500 for mine off my brother he started it as a project and had the engine rebuilt with all the internals fully worked and sports cam fitted.I have fitted a initial d sticker kit put on :D

Exhaust question:

I want to get a exhaust system fitted soon coz now i got the tacho and my car being a 5 speed it needs an exhaust.

What should i get? a 2" with a hotdog and one muffeler? I don't have any extractors but would this be good or should i go 1-3/4"? I want more power and don't want to loose any compresion.

Edited by Johno

i read on here somewhere about someones ae92 i think someone recomended 1 3/4" or a 2". don't know if there is any difference still learnng about rollas :P

when i got my car the top of my cluster only had one half on it that was stuck down with super glue. i figured it was weight reduction

cheers

scott

My 4ac had a 2 and a quart exhaust, with extractors, two hotdogs and a cannon muffler!

Damn shame I didnt join up here earlier!

I sold my 4ac and everything with it for $550 :P

Full jetted carb, one off ground stage 3 crow cam, big bore, oversides pistons, flowed and matched head etc...!

I spent a fortunte on it... THEN I found 4agze goodness hehe

Edited by RollaBus_4agze

Wish i could have bought your engine for $550, damm that's cheap! :)

I might see if i can hunt down some extractors on rolla club. :P

I would fit the exhuast system next week on the rolla but my ford badly needs a full service and new disks so i have to do that before it falls apart. :D

I'll see how my budget goes.. I might be able to fit the exhuast on the rolla and do the service on the ford next week. Thats if i'm not working otherwise it will all have to be put on hold.