Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments.

I got the camera fully installed today, fixed the broken wires and put the car back together. Everything is running sweet.

I just ordered new 6" splits for the front and 6" 2ways in the back, JL audio VR600 series.

door trims look nice,

the whole cars fairly clean.

hows the 4ac holding up ? :dance:

Thanks, yeah the 4ac is going alright, just wish i could chirp second, maybe after the new clutch i will. I almost killed the motor, i checked the oil today and it was almost bone dry :lolcry: It's burning oil i think coz i can't see any on my driveway. When i first bought the car it was smoking everytime i started it up or put the foot down at the lights and went like a slug, now it doesn't smoke at all and has heaps more power. Just lucky i checked it today, guess i'll have to check it weekly now.

Well, the new clutch is in and running sweet as. It took me about 20mins to get used to it, lol. It looked like i was a learner taking off because i'm not used to it grabbing so much.. bites pretty hard. Got the fly wheel machined and the rear main oil seal replaced as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, I can chirp second now. Yay

Edited by Johno

I would suggest Phil Munday's Panel works for guard rolling, although i would ring up first and enquire.

Their quality of work is impeccable

Yeah i know, but very expencive. Good job though, got a bonnet sprayed by them ($500)

Doesn't it annoy you to not have a tacho? CSX dash clusters are a straight swap, no wiring for the tacho necessary, looms are identical between the cs and the csx. Just unplug the old one and plug in the other. Hardest part is the speedo cable can be a bit fiddly.

I rolled my guards myself. Heated up the paint a little bit with an old blow heater, then used a little vice with 2 blocks of wood and a rag. Just tightened it up and went around gradually. Didn't turn out amazing but it did the job. It also flaired the flats out in line with the angle of the lip which I thought was cool.

Interior trim looks awesome :lolcry:

Edited by 200Boy

hey johno my car is a piece of shit and i've got a tacho!!!!!!!

did it only start rubbing when you put the new mags on there????

i don't know what there formal name is, i call them folders or duck bills, they are a proper sheet metal tool. they might do the job if there is enough room. also because there is a fold already there it will be easier, just go nice and slow don't bend to much or you will put an ugly crease in it. If you were in adelaide i would do it for you. they look like this all hardware shops sell them

post-6011-1214012315.jpg

cheers

scott