Johno's 86 Corolla Seca

Johno

Here is my new project, a AE82 seca.

Specs:

1.6L carb 4AC engine

5 Speed man

Stock AM FM TAPE radio

Air con

This project thread is getting real big.. (34 pages so far) So for those who have not seen my project rolla before or want to look back at anything I have to it since i bought it, here's a list of things that might be of interest.

In short you could watch my project video otherwise read what i have done below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDyRpgNaPfI

CONTENTS

Page 1 Buying car and tidying it up

Page 2 Getting RWC, Registered and New Mags

Page 6 Installing Driving lights

Page 7 Installing New 2din DVD and fixing up door trims

Page 9 Installing Taco Cluster

Page 12 New 2" sports Exhaust

Page 13 Epic fail of guard rolling. What do you know, Page 13 Lol!

Page 15 Replacing old brakes with Ae92 calipers and disks

Page 21 Stripping car and removing 4ac motor

Page 22 Bought 4age Motor

Page 23 Installing sound deadening and cleaning motor and gearbox

Page 24 Painted gearbox and some engine components

Page 30 Started priming the car

CURRENT MODS:

Double Din 7" DVD Touch Screen

15" Dkeny rims with Sumitumo tires

Monroe GT gas shockers and new rear struts

CS-X seats

CS-X Tacho

CS-X Digital Clock

All interior painted in two tone grey

6" door pods

Driving lights

New clutch with machined flywheel

Reverse Camera

Chrome double exhaust tip

2" sports exhaust with high flow cat

Ae94 disks and calipers

FUTURE MODS:

4AGE 16v Twincam bigport engine with shaved, ported and polished head

Bigger cams

Exeedy heavy duty clutch

Lowered Lovell springs

Yellow adjustable koni shocks

Ae82 Twincam dick brakes on rear

Ae82 Twincam strut hats in rear

Ae92 rear struts

Ae92 front struts with ae82 hats

Ae82 Twincam hubs and drive shafts

Full custom boot install

Cold air intake

Full 2k custom paint job in metallic

MODS THINKING ABOUT :hmm:

Re trim seats, roof and door trims

Fit Ae92 Dash

16" or 17" wheels

Oil pressure and volt's gages

Coil overs!! :) Suggestion from Webbers 4x

I recently bought this car off a guy for $200. It has been sitting in his backyard for over 6 months. When I was told about a 5 speed corolla selling for $200, I jumped at the chance and went round there to look at the car. when i first saw it it was looking very sad and covered in cobwebs and spiders. I looked over the car properly and asked the guy if I could start it, he was happy to let me start the it so I drove my falcon up the backyard where the 'rolla was parked, jump started it and to my astonishment it started on the second start. It had a massive cloud of smoke at first but soon cleared up. I drove it out of the weeds and took it for a spin up the road The clutch is a little worn but everything else worked like a charm. I don't know too much about cars but it seemed fine to me so I bought it.

post-5444-1207478986.jpg

I got a small brush and painted the white on the tires, took off the hub caps and sprayed them silver and another brush to paint TOYOTA on the hub caps.

post-5444-1207479444_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479530_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479622_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207479688_thumb.jpg

Before and after of a wash and detail...

post-5444-1207479971_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207480041_thumb.jpg

Next was to clear the engine..

High pressure water cleaner, degreaser and tire shine worked a treat.

post-5444-1207480820_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207480899_thumb.jpg

Now it was time to do something about the shitty brown interior. Seats, dash and all plastic trim was brown. I don't have many pics of the old seats but you get the picture of what they used to look like..

post-5444-1207481300_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207481405_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207481506_thumb.jpg

I was at the wreckers and came across some seats that were in a 87 cs x seca. They were a full set and had no rips or marks so i bought the set for $169. So out comes the old brown cloth seats and in go the new..

post-5444-1207481991_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207482227_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207482430_thumb.jpg

Now for the dash. I thought of going extreme with the dash paint. I had the opportunity to do any color I liked but I though that I might regret it later so I decided to go with a simple 2 tone grey.

post-5444-1207482883_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483027_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483113_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483184_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483264_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483355_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483725_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483469_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483605_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483816_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1207483906_thumb.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do on it, new grey carpet, paint the door trims, paint the inside roof and maybe later paint the car red? But for now I'm putting my time and effort into getting a RWC. I will keep you posted as I complete more work. :dance:

Thanks for reading,

John

Edited by Johno

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dash looks heaps better. good job.

i'm not a fan of the paint on the tyres though.

It wasn't a good idea painting the tires coz it has only been a few weeks and already the paint is flaking off, lol. I would give it another 6 weeks and it will all come off. I had no work for 2 weeks and i was board. I wanna get a set of new mags and tires. What do you think of these mags. They are 15" with 195 50 tirespost-5444-1207559528.jpg

Thats Come up really good. *Too much time/motivation on your hands*

So will this car be performing daily duties?

Most of the work i have done on it was when i was unemployed for 2 weeks so yeah... too much time on my hands. I can't wait till its on the road. I think i will be driving it everywhere lol.

Last week i got the rolla tested for a RWC. It required a front pas side bumper indicator, drivers side parker/indicator, front and rear engine mounts, rocker cover, windscreen, front and rear wiper blades, rear sway bar brushes and front brake hoses. Last weekend (3 days ago), I managed to get the indicators replaced and the wiper blades. Also gave it an oil change. I got a new windscreen put today in so tomorrow morning i am dropping the car off at the mechanics to get the rest of the things fixed. I'm not very mechanically minded so i'm leaving the tricky stuff to the pro's. :D

Jeez that shows what some effort time and a little bit of cash can do to a car.

Those rims would look nice :D

any plans on the cars colour scheme? Since the interior is a grey now you going to change the exterior to something slightly less bland? would match u with the rims a bit better, my own opinion really but it still looks mighty fine

Pressure washing and degreaser ftw

You're doing a bang-up job buddy. They actually have a paint like chalk (if you would) made for writing on your tyres....at the auto shops

I think ive seen what your talking about at the shops, it's got a picture of a woman painting it on her 4wd tires yeah? I think the tires writing looks good on the car, it gives it a bit of personality but i have had 9/10 people say they don't like it. :D

Jeez that shows what some effort time and a little bit of cash can do to a car.

Those rims would look nice :hmm:

any plans on the cars colour scheme? Since the interior is a grey now you going to change the exterior to something slightly less bland? would match u with the rims a bit better, my own opinion really but it still looks mighty fine

Pressure washing and degreaser ftw

I will be respraying the car, I think i will be a massive learning curve for me as i will be doing it myself with the help of a few mates. I was thinking about painting it red like on the new voltswagon GTi golf. I would have everything colour coded, bumpers, mirrors, door handles etc.. all red. But then again i was thinking of maybe red over silver :hmm: . Maybe when or if i see you on the lilydale cruise in may you could see the car in the flesh and tell me what you think. I will just look out for a smashed up white car lol just kiddn, :D What sort of car do you drive?

What's wrong with the original colour?

I don't understand why people have to

paint their cars golf red, ford focus orange

or some holden colour which should be kept on

a holden... I feel you should keep it stock colour or a colour

which other 82's came out in.

But as you know, it is entirely your desision,

i am merely voicing my opinion...

Will