Guest Sbox

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think most people use a 4agze with a CAS and avoid the dizzy, like this pic shows

ae86engine2.jpg

as you can see the actuator is very close to the CAS, don't think a dizzy would fit in there

but ive just noticed that on your second pic there is a dizzy and a turbo working....

I'm just thinking out-a-loud here...

but you say your gonna rotate the compressor side (shiny side) so it points the other way, could you mount the actuator from a bracket that attaches to the rocker cover?

it would take a bit of engineering, proper bolts from the inside of the cover, and by the looks of it would need to shorten the actuator bar...

on most 4agte's ive seen the turbo has sat alot further out from the engine like this pic

enginebay.jpg

what engine is that? just an ordinary naturally asperated 4age?

If it was good enough for HKS Adam, then it's good enough for me.(almost all factory turbos are mounted this way) I did not ask for a non helpful personal opinion I asked for help, anyone? I did find this picture, it looks close, anyone got a better picture of this or a similar setup with the Nissan T25.

Wasn't intended to be just a non helpful personal opinion. The fact is that many setup's use a low mounted turbo. Most factory turbo setup's use low mounted turbos. The setup's tend to be a lot neater, and there would be zero clearance issues with the distributor. However, as you've already got the high mount turbo manifold, I would have thought a 4A-GZE CAS would have been the best solution - cheap too. Failing that, the setup in the last image you posted appears to have the turbo angled so that the inlet is further away from the head, and the outlet closer (this is just the way it appears, may not be accurate). Not sure how this was achieved though - I would think it would require cutting and rewelding the flange on the manifold.

Of course, that's just my non helpful personal opinion. :hmm:

i'm doing the same thing - turboing a stock smallport motor with a t25 (although i now have a BB T28 as a backup) so i will be following your progress.

i have a low mount steampipe manifold and a GZE CAS and coil packs + haltech e6x.

yeah, its the same as my t25; oil and water cooled. mine is all plumbed up now. i'm sure thats the oil drain in the picture though, not the feed. the feed has a threaded hole and the drain has the flange.

post-1121-1209117330.jpg

Edited by Jono