3t Gasket, Ring And Bearings...

I've recently aquired a T-18 for a heck of a reasonable price. Came with a second running (but smokey as hell) engine that I want to re-build... Spent some time chasing up gaskets, rings and all other things associated with stripping down and re-building an engine, but all i could find was a random selection of parts needed from Repco for a total of $560 not including freight...

I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get these for less???

I'm in Perth Western Australia, but will happily order internationally and wait patiently (even though that's not my strong point...)

I re-built a 22R a number of years ago, and it only cost us 180 big ones... that's more the price i'd like to pay... Oh, and that was including pistons... so yeah...

any ideas or contacts would be greatly appreciated

Members dont see this ad

acl makes the gasket sets and bearings. supercheap auto is probably a cheaper place to buy them (they are over here anyways).

i found this online catalogue so you you could find the part numbers you need then go to your supplier and make the order

http://qiklink.acl.co.nz/Modules/Catalog/I...YOTA&pg=all

the conversion set usually has the bottom end gaskets and seals :yes:

if you're after cheap made stuff we buy from a place called segedins truck and auto in NZ. it cost me around $200 in parts to fully rebuild a 4k. some parts came from japan, some from taiwan, some acl.

http://staparts.co.nz

permaseal is another aussie brand that may have the gaskets you're after?

otherwise try www.toyota3tc.com in the automotive shops sales and services forum. BRD racing etc

OMG go to MALZ!!! I went to malz in Cannington and they got me a price on a full gasket set that was $20 dollars cheaper than supercheap could do for just a head gasket.

$145 full gasket set, $100 main bearings, $79 rings, $59 conrod bearings... I know where i am getting parts from here on in.

Not going to get them yet though... got it into my head i might be better off hunting down a 3TGTEU...

Thanks for everyone's help!